• Paid Members

Thought Impact was really good this week. Bully Ray and the Appletini was hilarious as was Robbie E. Lockdown should be pretty solid. Reckon Bully will turn heel, which is a shame as I'm liking him as a face at the moment. The big reveal has to happen at Lockdown surely?

Thought Impact was really good this week. Bully Ray and the Appletini was hilarious as was Robbie E. Lockdown should be pretty solid. Reckon Bully will turn heel, which is a shame as I'm liking him as a face at the moment. The big reveal has to happen at Lockdown surely?

I would want him to turn a little later. Mabye a short title run as a face with the backing of Sting and all the other faces, cept Hogan. In the end Hogan needs to be right about him, but no reason to let him go on as a face right now.

• Paid Members

Personally, I think it has to be at Lockdown - he has to win the belt with Aces & 8s help. It'd be the clearest, most impactful and most opportune time to do it. Keep in mind there aren't going to be as many PPVs over the course of the year, so it has to represent a storyline high point.

• Paid Members

He does move a lot like Joseph Park/Abyss in that vid :/

The "vocalisations" sound quite a bit like him too, actually... He's always been one of those Foley-esque guys who can't seem to keep it quiet in the ring. He did appear proportionally that size compared to Angle from what little we could see, although I think D'lo is one of those deceptively big guys - when they were doing the Eric Young "Champion of TV" gimmick & EY attacked him in the supermarket mistaking him for Cee Lo Green, D'lo looked massive in comparison to him.

As for the skin... well, my eyes aren't the best, but you don't really see that much - and for an African-American, D'lo isn't exactly the darkest-skinned of guys anyway [/racist]

It was certainly set-up to be D'lo at one point, that or they went out of their way to play up that it was - the Gut Check where Al Snow mysteriously disappeared & D'lo took his place, giving him the casting vote that got Wes Brisco his contract (although Taz did say no, so...), the segment with Hogan, Dixie & the agents where Hogan said "it could even be one of us nudge-nudge wink-wink".

That's not to say they haven't decided to switch it - yes, Park was shown in the same room as the VP, but more ridiculous things have been retconned in wrestling. Or maybe they are going to go all out with Abyss being a separate person from Joseph rather than a split personality as they've hinted, and it's "Abyss" under there not "Joseph"?

He does move a lot like Joseph Park/Abyss in that vid :/

The "vocalisations" sound quite a bit like him too, actually... He's always been one of those Foley-esque guys who can't seem to keep it quiet in the ring. He did appear proportionally that size compared to Angle from what little we could see, although I think D'lo is one of those deceptively big guys - when they were doing the Eric Young "Champion of TV" gimmick & EY attacked him in the supermarket mistaking him for Cee Lo Green, D'lo looked massive in comparison to him.

As for the skin... well, my eyes aren't the best, but you don't really see that much - and for an African-American, D'lo isn't exactly the darkest-skinned of guys anyway [/racist]

It was certainly set-up to be D'lo at one point, that or they went out of their way to play up that it was - the Gut Check where Al Snow mysteriously disappeared & D'lo took his place, giving him the casting vote that got Wes Brisco his contract (although Taz did say no, so...), the segment with Hogan, Dixie & the agents where Hogan said "it could even be one of us nudge-nudge wink-wink".

That's not to say they haven't decided to switch it - yes, Park was shown in the same room as the VP, but more ridiculous things have been retconned in wrestling. Or maybe they are going to go all out with Abyss being a separate person from Joseph rather than a split personality as they've hinted, and it's "Abyss" under there not "Joseph"?

Well didnt they have 'Abyss' inerferre in a Bully Ray vs Joseph Park match last year? Already shown as seperate people and 'abyss's' last apperance was roughly around the time of A&E first attack on sting i think.

I really enjoyed Impact this week and felt the whole show was strong throughout. Everything that happened had a purpose and nothing felt like "we need to fill 15 minutes". There was a cracking Hernandez/Aries match and Hernandez is back with his Supermex attire which looked much better than his past one. Austin Aries mocking Hernandez at the end of the match was brilliant, he really is great. The Aces and Eights angle at the moment is still strong and I hope they can capitalize on this at Lockdown. Robbie E looked great but Bigger Rob just doesn't look like a natural at all. Angle finding the Clubhouse was a good segment until they had him reveal the leader which was just shit. I can't help but think D'Lo is playing the bloke at the moment but when they decide to reveal the leader they will bring in the the actual person (similar to how they did with Devon). Talking about Devon, he really is the man at the moment, he looks like a right badass and really has impressed me since joining The Aces and Eights.

With all this praise about Aces and Eights I may aswell buy a bandana and look like as cool as Garrett.

What exactly about the Aces and 8s has been strong? I'm genuinely interested in knowing what somebody who is enjoying this angle sees in it. To me it's got to the point where Bully joining them would only weaken him.

I can't be arsed typing a massive reply to you as you probably haven't watched or payed attention to the show. But basically..

They got a massive victory in London against Sting and Bully after they took out Hogan, they've took out Jeff Hardy and countless others. The team has a nice set of faces and is hiding many of the wrestlers weaknesses. They look cool as fuck, tough as fuck and add an interesting dynamic to the show. During the UK tapings they came across as a legitimate threat. Last weeks Impact was great as they were not overly used and the parts that they were in were good.

I can't be arsed typing a massive reply to you as you probably haven't watched or payed attention to the show. But basically..

They got a massive victory in London against Sting and Bully after they took out Hogan, they've took out Jeff Hardy and countless others. The team has a nice set of faces and is hiding many of the wrestlers weaknesses. They look cool as fuck, tough as fuck and add an interesting dynamic to the show. During the UK tapings they came across as a legitimate threat. Last weeks Impact was great as they were not overly used and the parts that they were in were good.

Why are you making assumptions about how much I watch?

They've got a good look and great entrance music, I'll give them that. The response they got from the UK shows seemed like textbook 'go away' heat with the whats and the you can't wrestles and WHO ARE YA chants. Doesn't make your invading faction seem all that feared or respected. Is that win over Sting and Bully the only match they've ever won? They took some guys out that time it was seven on one and they had weapons, cos any other odds sees them running for the hills. They're bloody pathetic.

They're destroying TNA and not in the way they're suppose to be.

Aces and Eights' main asset at the moment is D-Von's beard.

It's been up and down, this angle, but at the moment it's working nicely. It's quite old school, like a Dungeon Of Doom or something, they're just a big old heel group. If Bully does use them to win, I can see him possibly being the President though.

• Paid Members
Well didnt they have 'Abyss' inerferre in a Bully Ray vs Joseph Park match last year? Already shown as seperate people and 'abyss's' last apperance was roughly around the time of A&E first attack on sting i think.

Not necessarily - Joseph went under the ring, Abyss came out, Abyss went back under the ring, Joseph came back out. Never seen together. That could conceivably be explained as a split personality deal going as far as dress-up, like Norman Bates and his mother.

When Joseph was kidnapped, I'm fairly sure he was shown with the VP standing by the table Joseph was restrained on. You can't explain that away without retconning, or doing some "well we put someone else under the mask to fool you" BS.

I like the idea of Abyss being a member though. They could have "turned" him during captivity, or at least got access to the old Abyss persona, with Parks still oblivious to his double life.

There's plenty of mileage in this story still.

While everything looks set up for a Bully Ray heel turn and title win (which would be great, despite the D'Von associations) I think the big reveal is now obviously AJ Styles being the leader. Or they're throwing 2 curve balls.

• Paid Members

I dunno. I still think it's Bischoff. As to AJ Styles, I think they might be looking to make him Sting during WCW/nWo, i.e. feeling fed up and betrayed by the promotion he was the face of for so long, but not aggrieved enough to join the bastards trying to destroy it, so will take a neutral observer role.