Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ahh, that's good news. Hopefully they've given that man a raise! I think if Roode had have gone he'd always be the elephant in the room that TNA would struggle to ignore and the situation would have made them look daft. Hogan wanted the belt back on Roode for the UK tour too so he would likely have been fuming at this.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Is McMahon still pissed at Jarrett because of that time he held the WWE up for $100,000 to drop the IC belt to Chyna because the WWE didn't realise his contract expired before the PPV?

Posted

Now I feel a little disappointed. I hope it's just a one year extension, and he got a chunky pay rise. I get another year of him on the telly though, so I'm happy.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Considering the fucking Rock was earning a $600,000 downside in WWE up until 2005 that must be all bollocks.

The downside doesn't have to be large. It's just the money that people are guaranteed to get should they be unable to work. When Austin had the most lucrative year in the business ($13m in, I think, 97/98) under 10% of his income would've been from his downside. TNA wrestlers don't have the opportunity to inflate their pay packets through the multiple revenue streams that WWE performers do, so it's not unrealistic to consider that their name wrestlers could have relatively large downsides, since the downside will make up a larger proportion of their relatively small overall income.

Posted (edited)

Glad to hear it, if he is staying. Speaking from a purely selfish POV, he's been one of my favourite performers for a few years now, and, although he certainly has the potential to make it in WWE, more likely IMO that he'd end up pointlessly wrestling Kofi Kingston for 15 minutes on Smackdown or Superstars every week.

Edited by Magnum
Posted

Without giving away the PPV, which doesn't air till Tuesday... how was it? Good? I can't wait, I think the slower build up to this has been a lot of fun.

 

Also, are we done with the Impact Zone now, or are there still some more to come? I was wondering if they'd do any formal send-off, or just send the mutants into the night without a word.

Posted (edited)

The ppv airs on wednesday loki and other than the tna one night specials thy've already filmed at the impact zone theyre done with it.

 

According to lagana theyre back in orlando next weekend to film another one night special..

Edited by hitman89762000
Posted

Be interesting to see how the arena looks every week on the road, as they already have the equipment I'm hoping they go with the Slammiversary set-up they had.

 

I also think it's vital they develop more angles in front of the crowd and if they have any backstage angles they must show the crowd.

Posted (edited)

Obviously, we won't get to see it but check out the main event that was just announced for TNA's Westbury, NY house show on April 5th:

 

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Sting & Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray & Devon

 

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

 

Plus, Hogan will also make a rare house show appearance on that show too. Pretty loaded line-up for a house show but I guess with this being Mania weekend and the show being in NY it makes sense to have a more high profile show. Cool stuff.

Edited by pgi86
Posted

There'd better not be any PPV spoilers in the last few posts lads.

Posted
There'd better not be any PPV spoilers in the last few posts lads.

Well technically, the link I posted revealed nothing. However, I thought spoilers were allowed in here?

Posted

Common sense would dictate that if you wanted to watch a TNA show without spoilers, you shouldn't enter a TNA thread with a spoiler warning.

 

Loki's a good lad, though.

 

Maybe missed the spoiler tag in the title?

 

Either way, I'll say this as ambiguously as possible; I've not been that arsed in TNA for ages, but with what's going on I might give it another go.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...