• Paid Members

Looks decent, except for one glaring omission: AJ Styles. I know it's difficult because of current storylines, but I'm sure they could've worked something out. Otherwise it looks fine, and I really hope Jarrett is that mystery opponent of Aries, because, dare I say it, I miss him. He was going great guns during the Immortal storyline (probably the only one of Immortal who was), and turning out some of his best work yet.

• Paid Members

TNA 10 PPV Spoilers:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

TNA taped their "Ten" PPV tonight in Orlando, FL, celebrating the first ten years of the company with the following results:

*Kenny King defeated Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt.

*Velvet Sky pinned Gail Kim.

*Matt Morgan won a Gauntlet, tossing out Joseph Park to win.

*Team 3D defeated LAX and Bad Influence.

*Jeff Hardy pinned Austin Aries.

*Bobby Roode pinned James Storm.

*Kurt Angle pinned Samoa Joe.

Found this match on the DVDR board. 'Lonesome' (love the moniker) Jay Bradley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=z4sXMa103yc

Bradley is brilliant in this. Very convincing as the Angry Man. I think it's something that was discussed on here but I feel they're missing a trick not putting him in the Ace's and 8s.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

TNA 10 PPV Fantasy booking:

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

The X-Division match looks weak for something that has been so important to TNA. I'd have rather seen a big multi tag spotfest. Team up current X guys against a few old faces so they'd have King, RVD, Ion, York and Kazarian against Jay Lethal, Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Shark Boy and Curry Man. The current guys get the win after arguing among themselves when Curry Man unmasks, fucks over Shark Boy and allows Kaz to get the win. Leading to everyone hitting their finishers on Bad Influence just because they are dicks.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure why we are spoiler tagging the tapings themselves considering these shows won't be airing for months and, in one case, not until next year.

Anyhow, to be on the safe side, the TNA World Cup show taped last night

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

had a team Aces and 8s on it. If they're taping these shows in order, that isn't airing until December, so either the gimmick has to run till then with no further turns, or it's going to be a mess. I'd guess they might need to show that one earlier on instead.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

What you have to consider is that up until a week ago the World Cup line-up was different but then they had to switch it around because several people could not work the show due to visa issues. For example, Konnan has said that Jack Evans, Ricky Marvin & Jennifer Blake were originally going to be part of the show but couldn't be there. That might explain why they felt the need to stick these guys in there. Essentially TNA had to come up with something on a short notice and fill in the blanks with whoever was available to them. Sadly, the end result is a very underwhelming line-up for this PPV. It was the one I was actually looking forward to the most. That is no longer the case.

Edited by pgi86

Apparently these were the teams for the World Cup...looks terrible.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Team USA:

James Storm

Mickie James

Kazarian

Christopher Daniels

Kenny King

Team Aces and 8s:

D.O.C.

Wes Brisco

Mr. Anderson

Knox

Team Aces and 8?s did not reveal a knockout for the event

Team UK:

Douglas Williams

Rob Terry

Rockstar Spud

Hannah Blossom

Magnus

Team International:

Judas Mesias

Funaki

Sonjay Dutt

Lei

• Paid Members

The work visa issue is pretty embarrassing for a major promotion. For any promotion in fact. Added to the Daffney thing and the handling of the Bobby Roode and RVD contract situations, the thing where a load of women told them to fuck off when they asked them to appear on the Knockouts PPV and the fact they've told the workers that they are only giving them one pay cheque for a double taping, and you have to question who is in charge of this sort of thing. Impact and the PPVs are usually good to watch and going on the road is a step in the right direction, but their reputation is pretty horrible among the wrestlers in the business. As far as acquiring new talent like a John Morrison or a Chris Masters or even bringing back an Awesome Kong or something they just aren't an attractive promotion. The Gut Check contestants sort of sum up the likes of who they are aiming for. Joey Ryan (who's been around for a decade and nobody showed interest in him) and Wes Brisco (the son of a WWE talent scout who they sacked). If they'd have been more aggressive and threw some money towards the likes of Pac, El Generico, Ricochet, Low Ki and Cesaro, they could have had them. Or at least showed they were in the market for people like that. Seeing Funaki and Christian York on the same PPV just sort of sent it home that TNA's talent initiative is weak as piss. The fact they allowed Alex Shelley to leave is shocking.

Still, the TVs good at least.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay