Dixie Carter President of TNA Wrestling

Exciting meetings today in Chicago!

New rules coming to X-Division matches starting on 3/21 on Impact LIVE.

Interesting, I can see it just being a weight limit though. Any ideas?

I've always wanted to see genuine rules changes to distinguish it from the heavyweight division. No DQ, a strict time limit etc... just anything to justify the fact that X division are (supposed) to be faster moving than standard matches.

I'm hoping they go along the lines of HWA and the rules they had for their American Luchacore title where all division matches have a 30 minute time limit and instead of a ten count, wrestlers will have a count of 20 when they are on the outside of the ring and it was no holds barred, so weapons etc were legal. I think that could work.

Edited by Forrest

Interesting tidbit from Dixie, for those still waiting for TNA to go out of business:

Carter said she credits her parents, who head up TNA's parent company, Panda Energy, for seeing TNA through difficult times.

"I have to give it to them that they stuck with it," she said. "It wasn't the quick returns maybe they had been sold on or hoped for. But, they have been fantastic partners in sticking with it. They see the potential. They have ten years invested in this company that they have great hopes for."

Carter added that perhaps Panda Energy's approach to their line of business paid off in keeping TNA afloat.

"They're in long-term businesses, so they don't see quick turnarounds," Carter said. "They're used to building something or coming up with something and it be seven, eight, ten years down the road (when it pays off). So, they've been patient. But, they do absolutely know that we are in a fantastic place right now and they're very happy."

Asked if TNA has been profitable the last few years, Carter replied, "Yep, we sure have. She added, "It doesn't mean that we're a debt-free company, but as far as being profitability - you know, the early years were incredibly expensive. But, to have turned it around and had the type of growth that we've had, especially during the recession... We filled the gap and continued to grow and have success and have great year-over-year growth."

The next financial step, according to Carter, is finishing or re-structuring the last of TNA's bad contracts from the early days of the company. Carter said she believes this will help TNA push forward rather than continue to be held back by contracts - such as their domestic and international PPV contracts - the company feels has limited their growth potential.

Weirdly, from an interview with PWTorch, who are relentlessly anti-TNA and are constantly doom-mongering. If you just read about TNA on that site, you'd think that the product was terrible and that they are failing in every aspect, rather than pulling their biggest crowds, making a profit and putting on some of the best wrestling tv for ages.

• Paid Members

Damn, seem to have missed out on the Aces & Eights hack. How was it done? Did it have A&8 logos plastered all over it or something?

That Dixie article is good to read - glad to see TNA really are doing well, and that they're fucking the haters off. They may not have the best product a lot of the time, but that won't be forever if they stick at it, and they could end up providing a comparable product to WWE (even if they never achieve WWE's levels of popularity). If and when that happens, we could hopefully see WWE upping their game a bit more frequently than they have done over the past decade.

Damn, seem to have missed out on the Aces & Eights hack. How was it done? Did it have A&8 logos plastered all over it or something?

Logos, photos, videos, stories, tweets, links to merch, etc. It looked like this:

zVIaImq.jpg

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
Wes Brisco looks badass on that. I want to see him in the ring in some regular competition to get a better idea of what he is capable of.

The little I've seen of him, he's pretty solid. Nothing spectacular, but he looks good, his offence looks tough and he's pretty plausible. He's very shaky on the mike, though. I hope it's just a matter of nervousness and lack of practice, because in other respects, he looks like a good prospect ('scuse the pun) for the future.

Cant agree on that if i am honest

Wes is by far the worst of the group

His offence looks shit(check out a brawl him and Garrett had a month or so back)

Mic work is better than some other roster members but still average

Hey its early days for him though so who knows how he will turn out

But for me right now Wes is Greener that a Grannie Smith

• Paid Members
Cant agree on that if i am honest

Wes is by far the worst of the group

His offence looks shit(check out a brawl him and Garrett had a month or so back)

Mic work is better than some other roster members but still average

Hey its early days for him though so who knows how he will turn out

But for me right now Wes is Greener that a Grannie Smith

I get what you're saying - I think it's more that I'm considering him to be solid in terms of where he is right now career-wise. He's young and comparatively speaking hasn't had much in the way of TV experience, so I think he's good for the level he's at currently. It all depends now on whether he improves at the pace people would expect a rookie to improve or if he just stagnates. I'm also hoping the same for Garett, too - GB's got a natural physical charisma that women seem to love and blokes seem to hate. He's using that pretty well right now by just being a heel - that sleazy grin and cocky-little-shit aura gets him some good heat.

Here's hoping both capitalise on their (IMO) great potential.

EDIT: I have to disagree on the offence, though. In his run-ins, he's looked tough and nasty, plus his match with Angle at Lock Down, he looked plenty tough (sure, he was in there with Angle, but I still think he held his own).

Edited by Carbomb