Surely, if either Angle or RVD wanted one last run in WWE, now would be the time to do it? The WWE would presumably put a lot of money their way, as they are so short on main event stars.

You'd think so especially in angles case but the last few times his contracts come near to a end (including last year iirc) the reports have all said the wwe have shown no interest in bringing him back.. Its why you keep getting the "ill be back in wwe/doing mma/i want to build tna to take on the wwe*! Interviews with angle every time hes near to the end of his tna contract.

• Paid Members

I was unexpectedly impressed with Ivelise Felez in the Gut Check segment this week. That huricanrana she pulled off was far too good for what you'd usually see from women on US tv. I'd be more than happy to have her around to freshen that division up - the MMA style/gimmick was interesting, and she has a good look for it - an attractive lady no doubt, but not so "perfect" that she's not believably tough & athletic.

Speaking of athletic looks, it disappoints me weekly that Bad Influence don't wrestle in those Zubaz all the time.

Barbarian looks like he could still go.

Considering he's turned his back on TNA, why have they kept Taz on as a Gut Check judge? Is he really the man they want signing their new talent?

Considering he's turned his back on TNA, why have they kept Taz on as a Gut Check judge? Is he really the man they want signing their new talent?

There's a rumour that Danny Davis (OVW owner) is replacing Taz as a judge this week. It remains to be seen if that would indeed be the case.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members

That would make much more sense. On commentary during the match, they were talking like Taz was still judging, and he was replying as such.

Edited by Statto

• Paid Members
I was unexpectedly impressed with Ivelise Felez in the Gut Check segment this week. That huricanrana she pulled off was far too good for what you'd usually see from women on US tv. I'd be more than happy to have her around to freshen that division up - the MMA style/gimmick was interesting, and she has a good look for it - an attractive lady no doubt, but not so "perfect" that she's not believably tough & athletic.

Agreed - MMA style's quite unique on a lady, so it'd be good to see in the division. That said, I thought Lei'd Tapa was pretty good as well. TNA could do with another Kong.

Didn't like the mandatory weepy bits with melancholy music, though. Seemed really forced and cheesy, even for wrestling.

Speaking of athletic looks, it disappoints me weekly that Bad Influence don't wrestle in those Zubaz all the time.

Also agreed. Can't believe how good those two have gotten. Can't believe that they finally got good at all, full stop. The Zubaz were the cherry on what's been a very entertaining cake.

I really enjoyed Impact this week and felt the whole show was strong throughout. Everything that happened had a purpose and nothing felt like "we need to fill 15 minutes". There was a cracking Hernandez/Aries match and Hernandez is back with his Supermex attire which looked much better than his past one. Austin Aries mocking Hernandez at the end of the match was brilliant, he really is great. The Aces and Eights angle at the moment is still strong and I hope they can capitalize on this at Lockdown. Robbie E looked great but Bigger Rob just doesn't look like a natural at all. Angle finding the Clubhouse was a good segment until they had him reveal the leader which was just shit. I can't help but think D'Lo is playing the bloke at the moment but when they decide to reveal the leader they will bring in the the actual person (similar to how they did with Devon). Talking about Devon, he really is the man at the moment, he looks like a right badass and really has impressed me since joining The Aces and Eights.

With all this praise about Aces and Eights I may aswell buy a bandana and look like as cool as Garrett.

• Paid Members

D'Lo isn't playing the leader, he's the VP - that's whom Angle was fighting. President's already been shown on-screen with Hogan and Sting, and he looked very different. It's almost a certainty the Pres is Bischoff.

• Paid Members

I get that - was just pointing out that, dodgy though TNA's booking is at times, even they wouldn't build up to a massive anticlimax of having D'Lo revealed as the leader. Especially since they've already shown the actual President. It's got to be Bischoff - we can see it coming, but that's the only possible reveal that would be a deal big enough to warrant how long this storyline's been dragged out.

So is the mystery guy Angle beat up Joseph Park then? Will they make it so he's gone schizo with the Abyss side of his personality and Aces and Eights have channeled that? Moreover, would Angle not just tell people on Twitter or something if this were "real life". Aces & Eights basically need to beat Angle into a coma to stop his identity coming out don't they? Which they may have done after with that kicking I suppose. I hope that's what happens and the secret doesn't get revealed until Angle makes a miraculous comeback in a month or so and reveals all.

• Paid Members
So is the mystery guy Angle beat up Joseph Park then? Will they make it so he's gone schizo with the Abyss side of his personality and Aces and Eights have channeled that? Moreover, would Angle not just tell people on Twitter or something if this were "real life". Aces & Eights basically need to beat Angle into a coma to stop his identity coming out don't they? Which they may have done after with that kicking I suppose. I hope that's what happens and the secret doesn't get revealed until Angle makes a miraculous comeback in a month or so and reveals all.

Unlikely it'll be Joseph - they showed him in the same room with the VP when they were holding him hostage. It's got to be D'Lo.

But yeah - I'm hoping they do that kind of story with Angle. Given TNA's frequent bumming of Twitter, a reveal would be the first thing they'd put out, barring a crappy amnesia angle as someone mentioned earlier.

• Paid Members
Not to get all Shawn Michaels' chin about it, but wasn't the bloke Angle decked white? I thought I remembered seeing his arm or something.

I'd have to re-watch, but I'd swear he was all covered up, wearing the mask the VP normally wears.

Not to get all Shawn Michaels' chin about it, but wasn't the bloke Angle decked white? I thought I remembered seeing his arm or something.

I'd have to re-watch, but I'd swear he was all covered up, wearing the mask the VP normally wears.

Just had a quick look and he is white. You can see his skin above his right wrist and also his back when Angle starts clubbing him. Can't be arsed getting screen shots, but heres the link:

He does move a lot like Joseph Park/Abyss in that vid :/