Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Robbie E in the "Bro-Off" a moment ago on Challenge made me laugh harder than anything in wrestling in a long time. What a talent that guy is. Top angle too.

Posted
Robbie E in the "Bro-Off" a moment ago on Challenge made me laugh harder than anything in wrestling in a long time. What a talent that guy is. Top angle too.

 

I haven't watched the segment yet but will do tomorrow.

 

Robbie E is absolutely brilliant. I was raving about him on the Lockdown thread a few days ago aswell. What makes Robbie E so good is the bloke lives the gimmick and adds some brilliant dynamics to his character such as his over the top selling. He comes across as a natural and was a nice guy when I met him. I got the chance to meet him and get a photo last year courtesy of BWP Wrestling.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Robbie E is one of TNA's best assets going. He's got a recognisable, vivid gimmick that gets instant heat which he knows how to maximise, he works solid, character-driven matches that don't go overboard on movez, he's shown brief glimpses of potential as a possible fiery face, and he's good on the stick. Add to that the fact that he makes everyone else look good and doesn't seem to be afraid to be made to look stupid while putting others over, and you have someone invaluable to the roster.

 

I'd like to see him with a second X-division or TV title run some point soon, as he deserves to have a good title chase/feud with one of TNA's better faces.

Posted

Is there a reason as to why Daniels bumps to one side when taking back body drops as opposed to landing flat backed? Not sure if he has had surgery on his back or if it is just how he prefers to take the bump.

Posted

Robbie E's victory over Jeff Hardy before Bound For Glory was one of the best things TNA did last year aswell. I found that hilarious aswell.

 

He should have another run with a strap though. Shame they never pushed the both Robbies together as a real tag team.

Posted (edited)

The x division title switch was just weird. How fucking underwhelming.

 

That AJ Styles video was brilliant though weren't it? If WWE had put this sort of effort into Cena's 'shit year' , Mania might have been a bit intriguing.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash
  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm still not sold on Kenny King, and you're right about the title switch being underwhelming - but that's because it had, what? half an hour of build, max? It was really poorly done. Don't know what was going through their heads when they booked that. I'm not the biggest fan of RVD as he is right now, but he's the most solid thing they have to keep the X-Division in the fans' minds at the moment. I'd rather have the belt on Ion, but RVD is much more over, more popular and more recognisable.

 

Kenny King still feels like he lacks something. Needs more time, I think.

Posted (edited)

They could had built it for two weeks and had King win at Lockdown. I'm not King's biggest fan either, I personally think RVD has been doing some the best matches from his TNA career recently. Or maybe, there just not so dull anymore.

 

I echo all the Robbie E love, he's brought the best out of Robbie T as well which is always a good thing. I'm not sure if I'd like to see Robbie E vs. Robbie T for Lockdown, I want too but I fear it may be rotten.

 

I had to laugh at the AJ Styles video. His bike reminded me of Batman, anybody else seeing him as a surprise return for Lockdown?

Edited by wrestlingmad
Posted
The x division title switch was just weird. How fucking underwhelming.

 

I didn't help that they obviously screwed the finish up too, it looked a mess. At least King had enough about him to improvise a different finish, not that it takes too much imagination to just get up and hit your signature move.

 

I do quite like Kenny King though and i'm glad he's got the strap. RVD bores me to tears.

Posted

I believe RVD's TNA contract is about to expire (he signed a 3-year year deal in March 2010) so that may have something to do with why they took the belt off him right now (as opposed to Lockdown). Should be interesting to see if he signs a new deal.

Posted
I believe RVD's TNA contract is about to expire (he signed a 3-year year deal in March 2010) so that may have something to do with why they took the belt off him right now (as opposed to Lockdown). Should be interesting to see if he signs a new deal.

 

All reports indicate he is happy in TNA, and he has been vocal about hating the WWE schedule with a passion. So I imagine he will stay put.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Aces & Eights have the finest entrance music I've heard in a long, long time. Listening to it a lot on Spotify.

Have you got a link?

Posted
I believe RVD's TNA contract is about to expire (he signed a 3-year year deal in March 2010) so that may have something to do with why they took the belt off him right now (as opposed to Lockdown). Should be interesting to see if he signs a new deal.

 

I thought he signed a two year deal which is why Gunner took him out last year around the time his contract was going to run out and that he returned under a new deal. To be fair, since he returned last year around Lockdown time he has been a decent guy to have around and has been a worthwhile talent to have around. I'd just like to see him in worthwhile feud, his match with Aries for the X-division title a few months ago was fantastic and if he was put in a program with a guy like Aries or Angle it'd be quite entertaining.

Posted
I believe RVD's TNA contract is about to expire (he signed a 3-year year deal in March 2010) so that may have something to do with why they took the belt off him right now (as opposed to Lockdown). Should be interesting to see if he signs a new deal.

 

I thought he signed a two year deal which is why Gunner took him out last year around the time his contract was going to run out and that he returned under a new deal.

 

There were indeed some online rumours of his contract expiring last year but I'm pretty sure RVD himself has went on record in several interviews that he signed a 3-year deal back in 2010. It might've been one of those 2-year + 1 optional year deals, I guess.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...