• Paid Members

2 bits of news. First one is, the talent and production are late behind on pay again, even with the new owners.

I'll give them a pass on that one, given how much a ballache such a handover must be. Are they even officially running the show yet? I read somewhere they take over on Jan 1.

Anthem, after all, are a TV company so surely they're above shenanigans like that?

Edited by garynysmon

I actually think this Anthem deal could work out really well for TNA and they might start doing better financially out of it but obviously I have no way to substanciate this other than my gut feeling so we'll just see what happens.

But I get why Anthem wanted to own them and I certainly think it will work for them in the way they want it to from an advertising and multi cross channel app oojamaflip malarkey situation.

• Paid Members

I'm sure Anthem are aware of this, but they need to find more income streams and quick. It seems their only revenue is generated from the Indian and South African TV deals. 

I don't think the product is anywhere near hot enough to warrant house shows, but maybe they feel that with better advertising etc they can monetise the likes of the Hardys, EC3 etc.

But I get why Anthem wanted to own them and I certainly think it will work for them in the way they want it to from an advertising and multi cross channel app oojamaflip malarkey situation.

Yeah, its still better than starting a company from scratch, but the TNA brand needs major reconstruction from top to bottom to get some goodwill back.

Last Impact on Challenge tonight. Doesn't look like there's any new UK TV deal on the horizon either. I'd be interested to know why the TNA/Challenge deal went south, I know low ratings but surely they could have renegotiated a new deal and moved Impact to say Saturday night or got it close to US broadcast as possible. If WOS hits a homerun I'm guessing a few networks might want to pick up wrestling programming so TNA might strike it lucky and end up on another Freeview channel. I think maybe on Spike as a lead in to their Bellator coverage.

The app doesn't seem to be showing up in my Google Play store. Has anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: I've worked out the app only shows up if you type "Total Access TNA". If you type TNA or wrestling it doesn't come up, which isn't going to help with subs.

Edited by The Hitman

• Paid Members

I'd guess whether they look for a tv deal will depends on how many people sign up for the app.

• Paid Members

I'd guess whether they look for a tv deal will depends on how many people sign up for the app.

I would imagine they've been looking extensively for a new UK tv deal since Challenge told them to hop it.

I would imagine they've been looking extensively for a new UK tv deal since Challenge told them to hop it.

Wrestleuk is setting up a webcam in front of his screen as he streams it. That's the UK deal.

If Mike Johnson's report of a few days ago is accurate (or rather, his sources are) then as of today, Anthem officially own TNA Wrestling/Impact Ventures.

And more pertinently, Dixie is (probably) officially out of power.