Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. announced today the launch of a new TNA Impact Wrestling app in the U.K. and Ireland – Total Access TNA Wrestling – available online and on mobile platforms for £4.99 per month.

Starting on January 5, 2017, new weekly episodes of IMPACT Wrestling will be available to watch immediately on the app at the same time as they premiere on Fight Network and Pop across North America.

Fans in the U.K. can download the app at Apple’s App Store or Google Play or visit www.impactwrestling.com/ to sign up to watch online. Total Access TNA Wrestling will soon be available on more platforms, including streaming devices and gaming consoles such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire and Xbox.

In addition to premiere episodes of TNA’s flagship weekly show IMPACT Wrestling and Fight Network’s original weekly recap series Inside IMPACT, subscribers will have access to extensive TNA library content, including episodes of classic IMPACT Wrestling, TNA Xplosion, TNA Wrestling’s Greatest Matches, TNA British Boot Camp, TNA Epics, TNA Unfinished Business and TNA Legends, plus the latest live pay-per-view events, classic pay-per-view events, One Night Only specials and more.

E2BF67E7-1ECF-475B-8012-82AC313BABB3_zps

• Paid Members

I don't get why they didn't just try to offer it up to Netflix or Amazon Prime instead. I'd maybe partake of a random TNA show if it turned up on there and I wanted to kill a couple of hours because some of them are good, but I don't think I'll be paying a fiver a month for the priivilege. The app probably won't work properly and/or be chock full of ads anyway.

Josh Matthews seemed to struggle with answers about it on the tna facebook uk page. Sounds like hes got the basics and was told to go live and answer fans questions.

Drew Galloway is on the uk facebook page at 8 to answer more questions about it and give more info

• Paid Members

I don't get why they didn't just try to offer it up to Netflix or Amazon Prime instead.

They would give them nothing due to nobody watching. It would probably be a waste of bandwidth and memory too. They cycle content due to limited space, it would be better to stick on an old sitcom than 100 hours of TNA which a thousand people may watch. 

I'd be absolutely astounded if the subscriber count reaches four figures.  They surely must have had zero interest from any other TV channels if they're going down this route.

Absolutely. Their ppvs got down to single thousands. If a few thousand people cared when they were live, close to no one will care about watching them again.

• Paid Members

Can't imagine they'll be able to do an Arena tour over here ever again. As stated, the ceiling for this is a few thousand weekly viewers and that's being generous.

Streaming services are definitely the future but you still can't be anything more than indie level without TV, here or stateside.

Edited by Benno

Finally got round to watching Final Deletion. I've honestly never seen something so pathetic and awful. I bizzarely loved the original Jeff vs Matt from a few months back as a hilarious one off but this was just an example of an over used idea that made the company look even more of a joke (if that is possible). My heavily pregnant wife with twins, who is now struggling to walk, practically did cartwheels and back flips to escape watching this as quickly as possible. Extra kudos for using a Triple H burying talent joke that would have suited 2003 but now is totally misplaced for the advocat of NXT. Why nobody will let this company die is beyond me, must be forecasting mega revenue from those new UK app subs.

It would have been a fitting end to TNA as a whole, but as it is not, 2016 needs to bring some changes to the overall presentation of the product. Maybe brighten it up a bit. It's like a really bad nWo impression. Everything is black, the ring, the ropes, the guys' gear is mostly black. Maybe making it look vibrant and flashy.

Extra kudos for using a Triple H burying talent joke that would have suited 2003 but now is totally misplaced for the advocat of NXT.

This.

whilst it raised a smile upon reading about it, it's only because "thats a thing I 'member" , rather than it actually happens. Triple H has been nothing but a put over machine in terms of physically wrestling people and then with the whole NXT stuff as well, it's old news. 

The next joke will be about how he's only in charge because he's married to the bosses daughter, because you know....lulz

• Paid Members

I don't get why they didn't just try to offer it up to Netflix or Amazon Prime instead.

They would give them nothing due to nobody watching. It would probably be a waste of bandwidth and memory too. They cycle content due to limited space, it would be better to stick on an old sitcom than 100 hours of TNA which a thousand people may watch. 

That's not quite true though is it? Asking people to pay a fiver for a standalone TNA package is a different kettle of fish to subscribers to a service that offers a wide range of other programming too. TNA gets a few hundred thousand viewers on a piss poor network so to say nobody is watching is a bit much. 

Content providers are screaming out for new stuff all the time, I can't see why a series with a guaranteed new episode every week wouldn't be of some interest.

Edited by garynysmon

Can't imagine they'll be able to do an Arena tour over here ever again. As stated, the ceiling for this is a few thousand weekly viewers and that's being generous.

Streaming services are definitely the future but you still can't be anything more than indie level without TV, here or stateside.

I don't think they will. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if the last 1 or 2 turned out to be what's known as a sold show. Which is where they get a flat fee from the promotor for coming over. So they're making the same money if 100 or 5,000 show up. But they will expect to see a return eventually. If the investment is clearly going to be a loss. No point cutting the losses and taking the hit. Concentrate on securing someone else that will make them a decent profit. And I don't think the argument of "It's more than they get in the States" washes off. No point if people are not coming. People also complained they only did 3-5 dates at best. Clearly not familiar with the concept of supply and demand and the fact it's generally not up to them where they go. All the Scottish fans complaining they didn't do the Hydro again because both shows they did there didn't do very good was an example. WWE have the demand and resources to do an extensive tour that they can't. Obviously they don't compare. But it goes to show how it's crucial they can't trade at a loss. Crazy how long TNA has. Mainly due to Dixie being bankrolled by Mummy and Daddy's multi million dollar energy company at one point.