Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Is Lapsed Fan worth it? Just flicking through the Soundcloud and a lot of their PPV retrospectives clock in at over 6 hours. That's... insane? I've got that kind of time to kill in work but only if it's decent funny or decent analytical. I'm not listening to ordinary Joe soaps just do a nostalgia thing for that long in bored monotones.

it is, the two guys are clearly having a blast doing it and spend most of the time laughing at their own jokes, it's infectious though and they come with lots of detail.

Is Lapsed Fan worth it? Just flicking through the Soundcloud and a lot of their PPV retrospectives clock in at over 6 hours. That's... insane? I've got that kind of time to kill in work but only if it's decent funny or decent analytical. I'm not listening to ordinary Joe soaps just do a nostalgia thing for that long in bored monotones.

Ā 

Nope.Ā  I tried to listen to one of their episodes once and thought it was terrible (didn't last long).Ā  The guys clearly think they are funnier than they are, unnecessarily over long, lots of waffle, terrible impersonations etc.Ā  They seem to think as well that just because they go six hours plus it is some sort of 'deep dive' that no-one else does.Ā  I just found their show garbage.

Angle on Austin is a great listen. Some of the injuries he had were nasty though, Brock re-breaking 4 of Kurt's vertebrae with a full force chair shot to the head sounds fucking horrendous. Austin line of questioning is a bit insensitive too at times.

Ā 

"I discovered meditation and have been clean and sober for 3 years"

Ā 

"Lets get back to the soma's Kurt, how many of them were you popping?"

Edited by DCW

• Moderators

Ā 

Ā 

Nope.Ā  I tried to listen to one of their episodes once and thought it was terrible (didn't last long).Ā  The guys clearly think they are funnier than they are, unnecessarily over long, lots of waffle, terrible impersonations etc.Ā  They seem to think as well that just because they go six hours plus it is some sort of 'deep dive' that no-one else does.Ā  I just found their show garbage.

Ā 

Ā 

This is correct.

There may be a lack of Russo for a bit, the poor bugger is having the absolute worst luck with his mother now passing away.

Ā 

He's uploaded an older Chyna interview which is a good listen, the first time I've really heard her talk about her life.

• Paid Members

Austin line of questioning is a bit insensitive too at times.

Ā 

"I discovered meditation and have been clean and sober for 3 years"

Ā 

"Lets get back to the soma's Kurt, how many of them were you popping?"

It'll never top when he had Kevin Nash on and it the most dry Stone Cold way he said.

Ā 

"You're beat to shreds, you're happy about it, you had a good run ... does your dick still get hard?"

Ā 

Just totally out of the blue.

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, for our very first "RuView" - giving an in-depth analysis of Vince Russo written television. We're kicking off with the famed April 10th 2000 episode of WCW Nitro, the legendary "restart show" that saw the formation of Russo and Bischoff's New Blood, Returns, Debuts, Turns, Swerved, Insider Comments, Chaos, Carnage and Bret Hart. Talking Shane Douglas Vs. Ric Flair, a 4 Man Tournament to decide an opponent for Jeff Jarrett, Billy Kidman feuding with Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner being insane, MEAT, and a whole lot more (believe me). A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

Ā 

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/crap5m/SCG_Radio_102_-_April_10th_2000_WCW_Nitro_RuView.mp3

Laughed my arse off during this, really want to give that episode a cheeky watch now. The visual of Hogan bleeding everywhere, walking around for hours like its fucking Lord of the Rings is just too good

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, for our very first "RuView" - giving an in-depth analysis of Vince Russo written television. We're kicking off with the famed April 10th 2000 episode of WCW Nitro, the legendary "restart show" that saw the formation of Russo and Bischoff's New Blood, Returns, Debuts, Turns, Swerved, Insider Comments, Chaos, Carnage and Bret Hart. Talking Shane Douglas Vs. Ric Flair, a 4 Man Tournament to decide an opponent for Jeff Jarrett, Billy Kidman feuding with Hulk Hogan, Scott Steiner being insane, MEAT, and a whole lot more (believe me). A really fun show this week, check it out and let us know what you think!

Ā 

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/crap5m/SCG_Radio_102_-_April_10th_2000_WCW_Nitro_RuView.mp3

Just listened. I loved it. The show is such a mess that you can feel the foundations of the oaken table buckling, but in a very good way.

Ā 

On the idea of suggestions for more RuViews his first Nitro has got to be up there. 11.10.1999. It's an hour longer and probably has more run ins and cut aways than the one you watched. It might actually be bad for all your health - especially Karl - but yeah.

Ā 

Raw is trickier to pinpoint because the Austin/McMahon stuff usually carry plenty of them anyway. When you're hot you're hot and all that. the first few months of 1999 are probably the most Russorific, right? When they forgot about being funny or heartwarming and 'Taker was just crowing around threatening to torture people in Latin and stuff.

• Paid Members

Was New Blood Rising a Russo show? That's primed for a RuView. Liam just made a big post on here about it so might not do it but the April 17th Nitro is a million times worse than the 10th. The 10th is a car crash that you can't look away from. The 17th is your favourite auntie being raped by Wilmot-Brown while you're forced to watch.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Was New Blood Rising a Russo show? That's primed for a RuView. Liam just made a big post on here about it so might not do it but the April 17th Nitro is a million times worse than the 10th. The 10th is a car crash that you can't look away from. The 17th is your favourite auntie being raped by Wilmot-Brown while you're forced to watch.

Ā 

Good shout. The opening segment itself is worth a good few Goldust Bombs on the Vince Russo Drinking Game.

He fucked off writing for them around October timeĀ after Goldberg speared him through a cage with his head hitting the barrier on the outside so New Blood Rising is in, yeah, so another good shout.

Ā 

Consequently right after Halloween Havoc that product slowly built into a nice low key, logical promotion again for it's final months. In Steiner they really did look like they had a top new heel who could carry the company through to a new age of better booking with lowered commercial expectations. Even the commentary in 2001 had this humble, apologetic "we know we were a bit shit but it's a wrestling show again now" vibe to it.

Edited by Gay as FOOK