The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

On 12/18/2018 at 3:52 AM, Dead Mike said:

Fucking state of Trent Seven. I know wrestling isn't about the physique's & such any more but after watching NXT-UK I was amazed that he's not been ripped apart on here. At least Kassius Ohno has the advantage of being a fucking massive bloke albeit in terrible shape. In his ring gear Seven just looks like a phone shop manager on holiday.

Does it effect his work? 

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Does it effect his work? 

Only if wrestling was some sort of pseudosport that needs to combine athletics with aesthetics and other such things like charisma. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Not sure what you mean with aesthetics

The way people look affects how they are perceived by the average fan. Not every one needs to look the same or be a muscle mountain, but to dismiss the importance of appearance in wrestling to suit a character, style, size, et al is stupid. 

But then you know that and are just being a cock shaft I'd guess. 

I've never seen Trent so have no opinion on him, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. 

Edited by Tommy!

57 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

The way people look affects how they are perceived by the average fan. Not every one needs to look the same or be a muscle mountain, but to dismiss the importance of appearance in wrestling to suit a character, style, size, et al is stupid. 

I've never seen Trent so have no opinion on him, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. 

I think it is critical to be the very best "you", meaning you invest everything into the appearance and performance of your character.

If every wrestler looked exactly the same, i would get bored of wrestling very very quickly.

4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Not dismissing the importance of appearance in wrestling to suit a character etc at all. I'm dismissing the notion that if you're not tanned and super toned you're out of shape, should be off tv or in Dead Mike's words "ripped apart". Not to pick on Mike, it's a common thread on here. Trent Seven is over and can go, how he looks is his business.