Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted
51 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Anyone fed up with this Ric Flair necking his bride "gag"?

Can't imagine what effect this complaint will have on the volume of its usage.

Posted
On 12/18/2018 at 3:52 AM, Dead Mike said:

Fucking state of Trent Seven. I know wrestling isn't about the physique's & such any more but after watching NXT-UK I was amazed that he's not been ripped apart on here. At least Kassius Ohno has the advantage of being a fucking massive bloke albeit in terrible shape. In his ring gear Seven just looks like a phone shop manager on holiday.

Does it effect his work? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Does it effect his work? 

No idea tbh, I didn't see him before he looked like shit.

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Does it effect his work? 

Only if wrestling was some sort of pseudosport that needs to combine athletics with aesthetics and other such things like charisma. 

Posted

Not sure what you mean with aesthetics. Is there a standard? Does that mean everyone should look like Randy Orton? You need charisma if you're put in a position to draw money. Otherwise wrestling doesn't need them things to work, it's more complicated than that.

  • Paid Members
Posted
12 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Not sure what you mean with aesthetics

The way people look affects how they are perceived by the average fan. Not every one needs to look the same or be a muscle mountain, but to dismiss the importance of appearance in wrestling to suit a character, style, size, et al is stupid. 

But then you know that and are just being a cock shaft I'd guess. 

I've never seen Trent so have no opinion on him, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. 

Posted
57 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

The way people look affects how they are perceived by the average fan. Not every one needs to look the same or be a muscle mountain, but to dismiss the importance of appearance in wrestling to suit a character, style, size, et al is stupid. 

But then you know that and are just being a cock shaft I'd guess. 

I've never seen Trent so have no opinion on him, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. 

I think it is critical to be the very best "you", meaning you invest everything into the appearance and performance of your character.

If every wrestler looked exactly the same, i would get bored of wrestling very very quickly.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Love this event poster I saw on Twitter, advertising FREE WRESTING ACTION after an NBA game. Nothing is going to get casuals into wrestling more than George Steele or Hercules. 

Du3m_rJUcAA3AWd.jpg

Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

The way people look affects how they are perceived by the average fan. Not every one needs to look the same or be a muscle mountain, but to dismiss the importance of appearance in wrestling to suit a character, style, size, et al is stupid. 

But then you know that and are just being a cock shaft I'd guess. 

I've never seen Trent so have no opinion on him, I'm just pointing out the flaw in your argument. 

Not dismissing the importance of appearance in wrestling to suit a character etc at all. I'm dismissing the notion that if you're not tanned and super toned you're out of shape, should be off tv or in Dead Mike's words "ripped apart". Not to pick on Mike, it's a common thread on here. Trent Seven is over and can go, how he looks is his business. 

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
21 hours ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Anyone fed up with this Ric Flair necking his bride "gag"?

 

This may be a bit more familiar for you, Mab.

Mab-Kiss.gif.9530072ef0853fcf1643f3e0742d12cc.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...