The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Here's Andre wrestling a few weeks before he died. The man is so fucked.

I'm sure I just said that. Like, word for word.

Thought so.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

how long after his final WWF appearences did that match take place? I didn't realise Andre had wrestled again after them appearences in the WWF where he would be ringside with a crutch.

• Paid Members

Thought so.

I assumed it was a quote job gone bad.

Andre fascinates me. The thing I think most is if he had just retired after the Hogan match at WM3, what condition would his body have been in around the time he died, where he wasn't having to do his world traveling as much, and could've lived a more comfortable life. The tours of Japan and Mexico and then flying to France considering the strain his body was under was never going to help him in any way.

The stories of his drinking and stuff and how he lifted Arnie onto a car to stop him paying for a meal are just great though. One of a kind.

• Paid Members

Most say he'd have been dead much sooner. Being on the road and playing cards with his friends and getting pissed up with his pals was what he lived for. He didnt need the money. He was on the road because he loved being on the road. He'd accepted he was going to die young, and was going out in style.

If Andre had the operation Paul Wight had  WE would have witnessed a shoot interview? It's a shame the WWF never put out a VHS of what Andre could do eating/drinking all the stuff we heard stories on. I:E when Ken Patera held back a van with his legs. 

That photo tho u can see it in his eyes. 

Thought so.

Yes I was replying to your post so of course it will be what you said.

I think in deleting the photo above it I erased the box it had been posted in. :/

If Andre had the operation Paul Wight had WE would have witnessed a shoot interview? It's a shame the WWF never put out a VHS of what Andre could do eating/drinking all the stuff we heard stories on. I:E when Ken Patera held back a van with his legs.

That photo tho u can see it in his eyes.

Well most of it's probably bollocks so it'd suit a shoot interview

'Memories of nailing 120 bottles of lager?'

'Yeah it was after Hulk powerbombed me at Mania 6'