Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

That elbow drop. Wow. Andre raises his arm, and then you see the realisation set in his face that he's signalled something that he's nowhere near capable of doing.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Here's Andre wrestling a few weeks before he died. The man is so fucked.

 

[VIDEO]

 

Andre was really suffering towards the end of his life there wasn't he? Bless him.

 

We’ve seen. Ian posted it a few posts back.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Here's Andre wrestling a few weeks before he died. The man is so fucked.

I'm sure I just said that. Like, word for word.

 

 

 

Here's Andre wrestling a few weeks before he died. The man is so fucked.

 

 

Thought so.

  • Paid Members
Posted

how long after his final WWF appearences did that match take place? I didn't realise Andre had wrestled again after them appearences in the WWF where he would be ringside with a crutch.

Posted

Well, clearly Andre. And he gets extra points because his condition wasn't his fault wheras Dynamite just looks tiny because he is of the gas.

 

I remmeber the first time I saw that footage and being stunned at how small he looked. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

 

Here's Andre wrestling a few weeks before he died. The man is so fucked.

I'm sure I just said that. Like, word for word.

 

 

 

Here's Andre wrestling a few weeks before he died. The man is so fucked.

 

 

Thought so.

 

 

I assumed it was a quote job gone bad.

 

 

Andre fascinates me. The thing I think most is if he had just retired after the Hogan match at WM3, what condition would his body have been in around the time he died, where he wasn't having to do his world traveling as much, and could've lived a more comfortable life. The tours of Japan and Mexico and then flying to France considering the strain his body was under was never going to help him in any way.

 

The stories of his drinking and stuff and how he lifted Arnie onto a car to stop him paying for a meal are just great though. One of a kind.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Most say he'd have been dead much sooner. Being on the road and playing cards with his friends and getting pissed up with his pals was what he lived for. He didnt need the money. He was on the road because he loved being on the road. He'd accepted he was going to die young, and was going out in style.

Posted

If Andre had the operation Paul Wight had  WE would have witnessed a shoot interview? It's a shame the WWF never put out a VHS of what Andre could do eating/drinking all the stuff we heard stories on. I:E when Ken Patera held back a van with his legs. 

 

That photo tho u can see it in his eyes. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...