Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember when his name was thrown into this ordeal, all I could think was, fucking hell, not Rolf :(

That's how I felt

Of all the names that have come to light during the last few years it was only Rolf Harris being thrown into the mix that came as a shock to me.

If before announcing the sentence, the judge didn't pause for a moment and ask Rolf if he could tell what it is yet, that's a massive opportunity missed in my opinion.

:laugh:

Still this is all pretty sad as Rolf and Tony Hart inspired my interest in art when I was younger. Now to see what Rolf was really up to is just horrible, he deserves it.

Rolf Harris given 5 years, 9 months in jail.

Shocked to be honest, I even thought he might escape prison given his age/health.

He may get even longer as it's been referred to the Attorney General following claims that the sentence is too lenient.

The judge's remarks have been published - you can read them here, but it's NSFW http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/upl...r-v-harris1.pdf

Shocked to be honest, I even thought he might escape prison given his age/health.

Nowhere near enough. He'll be out in 2 and a half years despite ruining peoples lives.

He may get even longer as it's been referred to the Attorney General following claims that the sentence is too lenient.

The judge's remarks have been published - you can read them here, but it's NSFW http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/upl...r-v-harris1.pdf

Ah, he was a fingerer.

I remember as a teenager, after french kissing and touching boob, fingering was the next base you could get to with a girl. Not without their consent, I hasten to add, but you'd certainly give it a try and often get turned down, especially on a dance floor.

I can only imagine how often that sort of offence used to happen back in the 60s and 70s. Interesting to compare it to the story about the drunk girl being dragged round to perform blow jobs. If anything, things have got worse!

This case reminds me of the film Wish You Were Here which has a famous dirty old man fingering scene. Seems to me that 5 years is quite substantial for that offence.

• Paid Members

Why, after being forcefully fingered twice by him, would you agree to a sleepover at his house?

I think the one getting him done for squeezing her bum when she was 16 is a bit harsh too. I mean, it's not right and it must have been bad for her, but I doubt she carried that with her the rest of her life or anything; just some pervy old man having a squeeze, you'd get over it pretty fast.

Well you can't be putting your hands up the skirts of eight year olds. Even to you and me, that's beyond the pale.

Absolutely, but I don't think 6 years is too lenient for it. Rapists get less.

Archived