Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With all the talk and the documentary on Wednesday night thought I would see what the opinion is of Saville on here.

After his death I typed his name into Google and the rumors about him have been out for years. On the first page of results I read all sorts about him. I will simply post a link as I do not want anyone to get into trouble

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread....6386&page=9

Some will be bollocks of course, but with all the recent accusations what do people think.

Harmless eccentric or sinister criminal?

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Impossible to tell what went on behind closed doors really. On one hand, some claims could just be disregarded as people trying to cash in now he's gone and can't refute their claims; on the other it could be they're only now able to come out and say so with the knowledge he's dead and can't do anything. Sad to think that the only people who know for sure are those themselves.

• Paid Members

Who knows?

I'm going to watch the doc. though and try making some kind of assumption.

Until i saw the Louis Theroux meets... doc i had Saville down as some crazy, eccentric old man that meant well but after seeing that documentary it was clear that there was a serious dark side to the man. One fucked up old cooky he was.

I love Louis Theroux and rate most of his work, but the Saville documentary maybe his best.

I am amazed he had the balls to ask him why the media never linked him to anyone romantically, this is where him being mason rumor comes from I believe, the press did seem to let him be.

Saville treated it like Eubank did, a battle of wills against Theroux and to try and stop him from getting any information. Sadly like with Eubank, Theroux is a crafty fucker and you went away not really knowing what to think of Saville as you felt he was hiding stuff with how defensive and on the edge he was.

Who knows?

I'm going to watch the doc. though and try making some kind of assumption.

Until i saw the Louis Theroux meets... doc i had Saville down as some crazy, eccentric old man that meant well but after seeing that documentary it was clear that there was a serious dark side to the man. One fucked up old cooky he was.

I recall an uncomfortable part that occurred when Louis wasn't even there; he'd went to bed, and Savile was up late watching the telly blethering with a crew member that recorded everything.

Essentially, the scary part was Savile talking about his days managing a nightclub, whereby he'd do everyone a favour by leaving 'slags' (the guys trying it on) tied up in the basement, or something similar.

Mental.

I've heard a Jerry Sadowitz show, filmed in 1989 I think, where he goes on about Savilie being a paedophile. Post-death Sado was still going on about this, and how Savile was linked in with one of the Kray's who had access to a children's home.

So it's not been as silent as Savile's nephew makes out, as his Uncle had to take legal action against Sado (for one) about the accusations.

• Paid Members

My first impression on seeing The Sun's headline yesterday "I WAS RAPED BY JIMMY SAVILLE" or words to that effect were that it screams money. The man is no longer about to defend himself so it just seems too easy if it were true they should have come forward when something could have been done about it. Having said that, I can to an extent see the point in this thread that maybe the reason someone would come forward now IS because he's not around. Frankly I think there was something about him so I voted the bit of both option.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure what to think.

He was an odd fellow without doubt, and he did like the ladies, but the comments that got him a bit of stick from the Louis Theroux (about taking lads down to the cellars for a beating) were based around him keeping an eye out for the girls that shouldn't have been in the club. He was quite young though himself at that point, so maybe he changed over the years.

The "more than one person has made similar allegations" doesn't really mean much these days, as the previous rumours are all over the internet and it's a piece of piss to concoct something similar.

It is a bit shit though that they've waited until now. He may well have been friends with royalty, but when allegations like that hit the press, the accused are dropped like hot rocks (see Uri Gellar and Michael Jackson).

One person went to the press years ago, and the CPS dropped it over a lack of evidence. Where were all the other victims then?

I'm unsure of his guilt and the extent to which these women are telling the truth. However, as their allegations seem to have turned Savile into the sex monster de jour in the tabloids, I'd be checking their bank statements for deposits from Justin Lee Collins.

• Paid Members

Theroux came right out and asked Anne Widdecombe if she was a virgin on one of them 'When Louis Met...' as well. Her reaction (and appearance) lead me to believe that she is indeed a lifelong member of the V Team.

The Saville and Eubank episodes were some of the best just because they wouldn't play ball. But while I came out of the Eubank one with the impression he's actually a great bloke, I came out of the Saville one thinking the opposite. Just an all round creepy sod.

Of course I wouldn't base my opinion of someone solely off a Louis Theroux documentary because his programmes always tend to push his own agenda but I've always had an uneasy feeling about Mr Fix It so these rumours don't surprise me all that much.

I voted Now Then, Now Then. Because despite my thinking he's a right oddball, I don't know what to think really. He's always been a bit of a mystery. Hopefully this new doc will shed more light.

I was a little sceptical when I saw this until I read Coleen Nolan saying that she had an 'incident' with Jimmy Saville when she was 14 and basically supporting the people featuring on the documentary. To me this gives it a bit more credibility and apparently the documentary itslef is pretty convincing.

But while I came out of the Eubank one with the impression he's actually a great bloke

So did I.

But like Saville, he did try too hard at times. Like when he was clearly lying about drinking the night before, and his response was "no and if I did I would not tell you"

Unlike Saville, Eubank just came across as a bumbling yet harmless and nice guy. Saville at times came across a bit crooked, I am shocked him and Louis stayed mates after it.

Archived