Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nope, it wasn't. I was all set for a nice comic relief case about some old scally who'd stolen a 6-pack of Special Brew, and then just after we'd been sworn in, some idiot chav amongst our jury told the rest of us in earshot of the usher that he recognised the bloke from his local area and he was 'a right tramp'. Jury compromised, disqualified, and back in the next today to sit on a horrible sex offence case instead.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That has to change and high profile cases like this do that.

Only if the CPS secure a conviction. If enough celebrities get brought to trial and get found not guilty, surely it'll have the opposite effect, that victims will think "no way I'm coming forward, famous people generally get off".

That has to change and high profile cases like this do that.

Only if the CPS secure a conviction. If enough celebrities get brought to trial and get found not guilty, surely it'll have the opposite effect, that victims will think "no way I'm coming forward, famous people generally get off".

Apologies, I meant convictions.

• Moderators

The Clifford sentencing remarks make for some deeply unpleasant reading: http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/...-v-clifford.pdf

This Guardian piece is exceptional, with a ton of interesting, creepy and funny little titbits, like the defense witness who constantly referred to him as Sir Max and thought he was the editor of the Daily Mail: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/may/...mon-hattenstone

• 2 weeks later...

So, Rolf next :)

This one looks pretty seedy, but as ever it's going to be a hard case to prove as there's no hard evidence. What do we think?

So, Rolf next :)

This one looks pretty seedy, but as ever it's going to be a hard case to prove as there's no hard evidence. What do we think?

The defence made out like the friend of his daughter came on to him because his daughter had a new best friend, then said he did so after she turned 16. That makes it her fault and him a poor poor man who can't control his needs.

Yeah, the defence's case seems to be "you wanted it really, didn't you, you dirty little tramp".

Not sure that's going to fly. But it has in the past.

• Paid Members

What are his standings legally though if it is pushed as a 16 year old with consent? Will it be highly frowned upon enough to effect the rest of his case, or will it be a matter of them just saying fair enough, move on?

Archived