Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
He could do structured matches not to risk his health, or he could take a year off then do the indy's before going back to the WWE.

 

Structured matches that don't risk anyone's health are ROH's speciality, aren't they?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Hade Vansen's on Phil Mitchell's Britain's Hardest on Challenge. Just started.

 

Ah, so that was what 'the prophecy' was all about. Glad its been fulfilled.

  • Paid Members
Posted
I think Ryback is getting sacked soon.

 

If I was an aspiring wrestling promoter, say a former WCW Stupidstar, I'd build a promotion around him. I still think he's got the lot.

  • Paid Members
Posted

He did house shows, but mostly he did taped promos from the set of Thunder in Paradise. He also worked for New Japan as WWF Champion. The whole formula was not to put him on TV much. There was only one hour of Raw and Superstars back then. The trick was to get you to pay to see the champion at arenas.

Posted

I'd never liked Hogan as a kid but particularly during that spell was where I really hated him. We were only just out of seeing Bret fight Virgil, Bezerker and Fatu on telly just because he was such a fighting champion. Hulk was a total pussyfart to me for dodging both Bret and Yoko until KOTR.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Same here. I had my reasons for generally not liking Hogan as a kid, but one of the main ones was that you never saw him fight on regular TV, only on PPV. I know now that that was the business tactic, and of course it makes perfect sense, but as a kid I just thought he looked like someone who thought too highly of himself. That was only reinforced by his behaviour in the 92 Rumble - he came across as an entitled dick.

  • Paid Members
Posted

From Mike Tyson's autobiography;

 

We got to the chapel and I couldn't believe that the guy that was marrying us looked just like Slick, the black pro-wrestling manager who managed Big Boss Man. We both looked so bad that we didn't even want pictures but then we broke down and got some. We started looking through the pictures and the guy that married us said, "That will be a donation of seventy-five dollars and up." How do you come off setting the price for a donation? I felt like he was getting ready to call the law on us like we were going to run off with the pictures.

 

We got home and Milan was crying so Kiki ran upstairs to breast-feed her. Rita was sitting there watching TV.

 

"Mom, we just got married," I told her.

 

"Get out of here! Who married you?" she said.

 

"Slick from the WWF," I said. Then I told her the truth and she was so excited.

 

There's a few wrestling references in there. Obviously he's made no secret he's always been a fan. There's the stuff with him doing WrestleMania in 98 as you'd expect, and he talks about meeting Bruno Sammartino being a bigger highlight for him than meeting most celebrities.

 

He briefly mentioned the stuff from 1990 as well where he was in talks to do something with the WWF. But he didn't mention actually wrestling Hogan, which I'd read before. He was on about reffing a match then as well.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...