Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted
There were definitely no tap-outs on WWF/WCW TV, pre-Shamrock. Probably the UFC's biggest influence on American wrestling, ironically. It was pretty much exclusively a nod of the head or verbal surrender beforehand.

 

 

Thats the closest I've found to a pre shamrock tap out.

 

It looks more like a 'sonnen' tap out though.

 

Tee hee. The choice of recipient of that sharp shooter is particularly apt in this thread :)

Posted
Isn't that from the September 1997 Raw in MSG? If so, Shamrock was a few months into his run.

 

Bret is playing the heel, which happened when Shamrock was coming in at the start of 97

Posted

Im living in Vietnam at the moment just switched on a fairly high profile cable channel to find Raw being shown but its actually a blatant download of debatable quality for a TV broadcast and still has the Sky Sports 3 logo in the top right corner

Posted

you know something I'd really like to see, a match from the wrestlers point of view. I'm not meaning make it someones gimmick or into an angle or whatever, just a one time thing and put it on WWE.com or something.

I'm not sure how they'd do it, but I was thinking along the lines of having a camera on a pair of goggles like what Edgar Davids used to wear, just so we can see what a wrestler can see as they are in a match

Posted
Story is six years old. What's so mind-melting about it anyway?

 

I know it's old but it was new to me. Only mind melting because I didn't read all of it at first and just thought it was a massive coincidence.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...