Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Summerslam Chat was my favourite UKFF chat of all time, all while a phenomenal card was going on too. Honestly one of the most fun evenings of wrestling I can remember. Maybe all the other usual buyers were instead furiously trying to log on to hang out with the good guys and take a trip down Ryback Passage.

I was thinking earlier if Punk was to face Ryback at Hell in the Cell in a few weeks time would it be the only match apart from those involving the Streak to occur a year on at the exact same PPV, With the same match type and the same competitors? Struggling to think of any others a year apart from each other.

I was thinking earlier if Punk was to face Ryback at Hell in the Cell in a few weeks time would it be the only match apart from those involving the Streak to occur a year on at the exact same PPV, With the same match type and the same competitors? Struggling to think of any others a year apart from each other.

Well, Cena Vs Rock two years in a row would count I guess. Unless having a particular match stipulation is what you mean.

• Paid Members

I'd say Dudleys vs Hardys vs E&C at Mania XVI and XVII - right down to the same champions going in and the same victors.

I'm sure someone out there is saying "but one was a ladder match and one was a TLC match" - they're the same thing, you spanner.

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemani 27 and 28?

Not really.

Edited by air_raid

Chris Jericho vs Ric Flair and Eddie Guerrero vs. Edge happened at consecutive PPVs, Summerslam 02 and Unforgiven 02. Only difference being, the second Jericho/Flair match was for the Intercontinental title.

That's nothing major though. Since the monthly PPV's started you'll find a lot of rematches on consecutive PPV's because it's the obvious way to carry on feuds at those bigger shows.

Hogan-Flair happened at Uncensored 1999 and 2000, albeit with different stips. It's notable because the 1999 event did around 277,000 buys and the 2000 event with the same main event had somewhere around 50,000.

I know I'm stating the obvious but that is fucking mental, it's easy to forget how fast WCW tanked

That aforementioned Uncensored '99 one is pretty good, apart from the finish. Actually, the finish would have probably been alright if the commentators had explained the double-turn/rule change antics.

There's lots of fun little ones from TV. Bash at the Beach '94 (their first PPV meeting) is actually good too, though might appear a tad familiar at this juncture.