The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brad Pickett vs Henry Briones, UFC Hamburg Sept 3rd.

Turns out we haven't seen the last of Pickett after all.

Source: Pickett's Instagram.

Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jan Blachowicz on the same show.

• Paid Members

That feels like a huge step down for Gus. Blachwicz isn't even ranked, is he? Is 1-2 in his last 3 and that includes a loss to Manuwa, who Gus beat.

Weird fight. Wouldn't Gus Vs OSP make more sense?

That feels like a huge step down for Gus. Blachwicz isn't even ranked, is he? Is 1-2 in his last 3 and that includes a loss to Manuwa, who Gus beat.

I was thinking the same thing (even though Gus is 1-3 in his last 4 fights himself, albeit against much better fighters). I guess it will end up being a showcase fight for him.

Nah, I think the thought behind it is that if Blachowicz wins it helps propel a new European star into the mix, which may help with future Euro shows, and if Gus wins it keeps him moving forward.

• Paid Members

Gus needs a step back, I think. He's been fed a steady diet of killers one after another lately. No wonder his recent record isn't good (although he didn't embarrass himself by any means in the Jones or Cormier fights). Plus, he's already fought all the top 205ers, pretty much. There's always that Glover fight they can re-book but I actually like that they're scaling his opposition back a bit and giving him a chance to build himself back up record-wise, momentum-wise and confidence-wise.

• Paid Members

For fuck's sake, Rumble's out of the Glover fight on the July 23rd FOX show. They're looking for a replacement now.

Im trying to think who hasnt got a fight whos not injured. Villante, Cummins he KO quite recently,Is Manuwa fit? Any chance Shogun would take it?

For fuck's sake, Rumble's out of the Glover fight on the July 23rd FOX show. They're looking for a replacement now.

Im trying to think who hasnt got a fight whos not injured. Villante, Cummins he KO quite recently,Is Manuwa fit? Any chance Shogun would take it?

Anyone outside of UFC that they could bring in who would give him a good fight?

• Paid Members

Well I'm pretty sure Attila Vegh is unsigned but has lost 3 in a row so is unlikely. Emmanuel Newton isnt exclusive to anywhere I dont think. I reckon he would win handily though

Now that his opponent for 200 is out any chance Mousasi moves up for a big fight? Strikes me as unlikely but you never know I guess

• Paid Members

I can't stress enough saying that everyone must watch this inspirational Michael Bisping video by Matt Bramley (who is superb btw). He did the incredible Jones/Cormier vids for UFC 182. The little bits of detail Matt adds is what makes it stand out, especially the stuff with Rockhold.

Supremo...if you watch this, I can guarantee your plums will explode. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZzGnslkI0

• Paid Members

I can't stress enough saying that everyone must watch this inspirational Michael Bisping video by Matt Bramley (who is superb btw). He did the incredible Jones/Cormier vids for UFC 182. The little bits of detail Matt adds is what makes it stand out, especially the stuff with Rockhold.

Supremo...if you watch this, I can guarantee your plums will explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZzGnslkI0

Outstanding.

"...the left hook that dropped Anderson, the left hook that won me this motherfucking world belt...boom."

Agreed with what everyone else has said. Someone somewhere needs to be making the Michael Bisping documentary right now.

Don't the UFC have some type of deal with BBC 3 already? The BBC could make a fantastic documentary on this. Normal, average bloke from the UK, who always manages to lose the big one, somehow gets it together long enough to have one of the greatest couple of months in the history of the sport. What a story.

It still doesn't feel real. He's the champion of the world. Incredible. Weak as piss. Kiss his arse.

Archived