The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

sad news :(

always a Jimmo fan, will always be known for flattening Anthony Perosh in a few seconds. Seemed a great guy though, we met him in London after too James Te Huna, was in great spirits depsite being busted up. This year is just messed up.

RIP.

• Paid Members

The two things I remember him for are;

1) The seven second Perosh KO and busting out the old robot moves during the celebration.

And

2) Him keep blagging free tickets to UFC shows off Zuffa but they kept giving him shit seats in the nosebleeds and stuff. Anyone else remember that?

He seemed a nice enough guy from what I'd seen of him. But regardless of what he was like, 34 is no age to go. Hopefully they'll find the cunt who killed him.

Fuck. That's a shocker. Always liked him, despite his limited skills and the robot dance that turned into splits was excellent. Seemed like a really down to earth guy in interviews.

Yeah, Wand, I remember that. They gave him (really bad) nosebleed seats and he complained on Twitter that z-list celebrities who didn't even know what MMA was were getting floor seats over an actual contracted talent. Pretty sure Dana's excuse was something daft like that Jimmo went and travelled to so many events and asked to get compted to more shows than any other fighter - so in a classic Dana move, he stopped giving Jimmo (his employee) any tickets at all.

• Paid Members

To be fair to White there MOM, giving lower to mid card talent prime seats really isn't in the best interest of his company. Unfortunately giving celebs, no matter how shit they are, draws attention. 

• Paid Members

Jimmo was good fighter, he brought that Machida-esque Karate thing to the cage, i actually followed the majority of career as i watched a lot of the MFC shows he fought on (whatever happened to the MFC?), Jimmo's karate style was his best and worst attribute really, he made it work for himself but at times he was too picky with shots, he lacked aggression at times it could make him a frustrating watch. If you go down his record he's got a pretty good selection of wins, especially outside of the UFC.

there's an old Inside MMA feature on Jimmo, an avid chess player, that probably explains his approach to fighting in the cage.

Michael Chiesa is injured and is out of his fight with Tony Ferguson on 13th July.

Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira has been rescheduled to UFC 202, along with the addition of Donald Cerrone vs. Rick Story to the same show.

• Paid Members

Yeah that's a great fight.

I want to see Cerrone vs Condit. Badly. Can't we send Duane Ludwig over to Greg Jackson's gym? Hopefully he'd have the same effect he had on Team Alpha Male and Cowboy and Condit would be at each others' throats within a few months.

Just remembered Condit was on about retiring anyway :( has anyone seen anymore on that?

Diaz was drunk with Bisping in New York and says he wants to fight him at 178, Bisping asked why not 185 and didn't really get a response.

I'm pretty sure Hendo is a free agent now, he was at the Bellator card but I'm sure he would rather a MW title fight but wherever he goes I hope he retires soon

Archived