The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

So how long before Fedor is with the UFC?

He was on the MMA hour yesterday and said its close.

Imagine if Brock deals with Hunt with relative ease and then calls out Fedor in the post fight interview? No matter what happens in Jones/Cormier or Aldo/Edgar that is all anybody will be talking about.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Regardless of what happens (or more likely doesn't happen) with Fedor, the result of Lesnar vs Hunt is probably going to dominate the MMA headlines on July 10th anyway. Brock fights have a way of overshadowing everything else on the card. Even as co-main event of UFC 87, I'm sure Brock's win over Heath Herring got more people talking than GSP's domination of Jon Fitch in the main event.

I feel they built both Conor and Jones up with their opponents being better and better, Jones went through Bonnar,O'Brien, Hamill(should have been a NC) Matyushenko & Vera before he faced a top 10 guy in Bader but you could tell he was a special fighter and was young enough they could build him up.

Sage Northcutt is a guy would look to build but you can't really do that between 170-145 because even Bellator and WSoF have killers there.

Regardless of what happens (or more likely doesn't happen) with Fedor, the result of Lesnar vs Hunt is probably going to dominate the MMA headlines on July 10th anyway. Brock fights have a way of overshadowing everything else on the card. Even as co-main event of UFC 87, I'm sure Brock's win over Heath Herring got more people talking than GSP's domination of Jon Fitch in the main event.

Genuine forgot GSP headlined that show, which proves your point.

• Paid Members

I feel they built both Conor and Jones up with their opponents being better and better, Jones went through Bonnar,O'Brien, Hamill(should have been a NC) Matyushenko & Vera before he faced a top 10 guy in Bader but you could tell he was a special fighter and was young enough they could build him up.

Sage Northcutt is a guy would look to build but you can't really do that between 170-145 because even Bellator and WSoF have killers there.

Bones had a good 1st fight with Gusmao as well whilst you mention it. Funnily enough at the time i thought it was a competitive match.

Jones was 6-0 when he entered the UFC, he started his pro career in April and was in the UFC by August.

That's insane to think of, he must of been 21 or something because he went through those UFC guys and beat Shogun at 23.

Regardless of what happens (or more likely doesn't happen) with Fedor, the result of Lesnar vs Hunt is probably going to dominate the MMA headlines on July 10th anyway. 

Especially when you think that we're either getting a guy coming back years after his last fight to win against a somewhat relevant heavyweight, or we're seeing Lesnar get KO'ed.

Either result will be huge.

• Paid Members

Anyone catch the MMA hour this week? They brought up the fact that:

GSP has 19 wins in the UFC.

Bisping has 19 wins in the UFC.

So they could, in theory, do a GSP comeback for both the MW belt and the title of most wins in UFC history. Imagine that.

• Paid Members

I think that it's a winnable match for GSP considering his great MMA wrestling, but I would hope for his health's sake that it would be 1 and done at middleweight as he would be destroyed by beasts like Rockhold, Weidman, Romero and Jacare. 

UFC 198 is on FP for those wanting to fuck about with corner settings now.

Also - A while back I swear I could recall someone saying there mate or they were trying to start some promotion over here? Who was that? And did anything come of it. 

• Paid Members

Bellator Lightweight Champion Will Brooks makes his UFC debut on July 8th against Ross Pearson

That's a difficult one. Would like to see Brooks come in and do well, but can't support him against Pearson!

Archived