• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, UFC 202's Main Card is likely to feature

Welterweight Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor        

Light Heavyweight Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira        

Welterweight Demian Maia vs. Carlos Condit        

Welterweight Rick Story vs. Donald Cerrone

There's life after UFC 200! That's one heck of a line-up.

• Paid Members

202 looks insane. I love that card so far. Maia vs Condit is a brilliant bit of matchmaking. I'd never even thought of that fight before but I'm fascinated by it now. On the ground Maia will have his way, with pretty much anybody, but Condit is so active off his back that it won't be at all dull. On the feet Condit has a huge advantage but I'm struggling to see how he stops Maia from taking him down. Tough matchup for Condit.

• Paid Members

Must be said no one in the fight business right now is consistently putting on stronger PPV cards than the UFC.

To be fair, no other organisation has a talent pool anywhere near as deep.

Must be said no one in the fight business right now is consistently putting on stronger PPV cards than the UFC.

To be fair, no other organisation has a talent pool anywhere near as deep.

True, but nothing other than politics is stopping Boxing from doing the same. I'd even argue Matchroom boxing have some decent talent depth but they don't match-up near as even cards as the UFC have been doing bar a few exceptions. (Mostly down to injury's)

• Paid Members

Wasn't it October that was floating about as the time frame for the Manchester show or did I dream that?

I hope it happens. I don't care about Hendo's shit recent record or the fact that there are a couple of more deserving contenders. Bisping vs Hendo 2 is the fight I want to see next. And if you look at the other top contenders who are supposedly 'more derserving'...

Rockhold - he's got that MCL injury that he himself was banging on about before 199. Plus he just got knocked out inside a round by Bisping. To me there's no way that warrants an immediate rematch.

Weidman - he's injured as well. And he hasn't fought since December when he got stopped by Rockhold. I didn't think he should've been getting an immediate rematch against Rockhold in the first place anyway, to be honest.

Jacare - this man deserves it. No question. But he's also injured so unavailable for the time being.

Romero - coming off a controversial split decision over Jacare in December and an even more controversial PED scandal. I love him but he shouldn't be getting a title shot until he comes back, passes the tests and beats a top contender clean.

Who else is there? Is anyone clamouring for a Uriah Hall or Gegard Mousasi title fight? Bisping vs Hendo 2 is the one. If Bisping wins then give Jacare the next shot and in the meantime have Weidman vs Romero and Rockhold vs someone. And Hendo has already said that win, lose or draw if he gets the title shot against Bisping it'll be his last fight. Whether he'd stick to that is anyone's guess but what a way to go out if he finally won the UFC title, the only major title that's eluded him in his career, then retired in the cage. I'd hate to see Bisping's reign end so soon but I'd love to see Hendo go out as champion.

• Paid Members

If GSP comes back I'd like to see him fight Robbie Lawler if Lawler beats Woodley. Lawler vs GSP on one of the big end of year PPVs sounds good to me.

I wouldn't be against Bisping vs GSP but I don't know, it doesn't appeal to me as much as some other fights. I do like that idea of GSP vs RDA though. Never even thought of that before. Might have to be a catchweight of 160/165 or something if they did that, I reckon. I know everyone says GSP is a small 170 but I still think 155 might be a rough cut for him. 160/165 is where we'd get the best out of both GSP and RDA, I think.

Archived