The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Someone could make a cracking documentary about Bisping's career. The developments of the past 6 months or so have been fairy-tale stuff.

it needs the 30 for 30 treatment.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Someone could make a cracking documentary about Bisping's career. The developments of the past 6 months or so have been fairy-tale stuff.

As I mentioned in the original Bisping/Rockhold event thread, someone should make a Bisping biopic - it would easily be the British Rocky. All the circumstances surrounding his career and his win have all the drama necessary to make it a great feelgood film. The ten-year chase just to get a title shot, the eye damage, being written off from the elite because of his lack of KO power, and no-one giving him a hope in hell's chance as a member of the old guard against the arrogant, new-generation hybrid fighter - only to go and knock him out with the finest punch he'll ever throw, a single instant that represents the perfect culminative moment of an entire career.

• Paid Members

I see it. JK Simmons as Dana White, Luke Rockhold as Luke Rockhold, Dave Bautista as Vitor Belfort and Jai Courtney as American/Australian/British Michael Bisping.

JK Simmons is a great shout, but purely for how he looks, and his performance as unscrupulous douchebag CEO Darren Cross in the Ant-Man film, I'd say Dana has to be Corey Stoll:

1609829-actor-corey-stoll-attends-the-pr

I'd have Channing Tatum or some other Adonis-looking cunt playing Rockhold.

Is Dominic West too old to play Bisping?

Leonardo DiCaprio to play Vitor Belfort.

GSP confirmed on the MMA Hour that he's ready to come back - saying that he's not getting any younger, is at his peak and now is the time to do it. He's already completed a test camp.

He sounded really up for a fight with Bisping, which would be fucking amazing.

Edit: Just saw Bollocks' posted it in the GSP thread.

• Paid Members

Until he pulls out again. I'm not convinced it's ever happening. I can see him having another pullout and just announcing 'hey, I gave it my best shot but my body's breaking down. As you were, guys.'

Personally think Punks ego is far to big to throw this away now. Just imagine it'll be a one and done. The sad thing will be if he wins and fancies another go. But that's not happening is it?

Personally think Punks ego is far to big to throw this away now. Just imagine it'll be a one and done. The sad thing will be if he wins and fancies another go. But that's not happening is it?

I'm along the same thinking, Punk and his wife have a 'the world is against us' attitude to everything so he will see it through just to prove his 'doubters' wrong.

• Paid Members

Until he pulls out again. I'm not convinced it's ever happening. I can see him having another pullout and just announcing 'hey, I gave it my best shot but my body's breaking down. As you were, guys.'

even though a good portion of the internet would never let him forget it, there's no shame in doing that. I bet Punk regrets ever announcing the UFC plan live on air though, he should have kept it all behind closed doors.

Archived