The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every kid at school has probably at least heard of John Cena to be fair and a good amount of adults.

Again, that's not exactly what mainstream is when it's always been talked about in relation to the UFC.

And the only reason why adults will know who John Cena is (if they don't watch wrestling) is from their kids relentlessly talking about it. It won't be through any mainstream outlets that the UFC want attention from.

WWE is massive on social media, much larger than the UFC. I don't talk to anybody about wrestling outside of here or follow WWE or any Wrestler online but I know a good few people who talk about wrestling on Facebook and Twitter, so sometimes I hear about WWE or people staying up to watch Wrestlemania or in the morning some shit about Raw.

I don't think Joe Rogan is interviewing anyone cage side, I still cringe over that Wayons brother talking about Royce Gracie at UFC 60. The most it would be is a fluff piece by Megan Olivi interviewing someone for fight pass or Ultimate Insider.

Showing tweets or a WWE star in a hype video like the one Stephanie was involved in for Rhonda is all they will really do.

Two things:

Love Dana's dig at Bellator on one of the recent 'looking for a fight' episodes. 'I really love the Legacy events, they're definitely the number two promotion for me.'

Sean Wheelock, Ben Askren and Joe Warren's podcast is pretty good for killing an hour - http://www.lineupmma.com/

Edit: Also GAD had Bisping on Talksport today - Made a really strange suggestion for Bisping to defend the title at the Millennium stadium? Against Anderson Silva. Both seem completely ridiculous. No real affiliation with Wales as far as I'm aware and Bisping just beat Silva, we have plenty of other options for the title.

• Paid Members

A reporter posted a video off the fighting between English and Russians in France. He asked why somebody would kick somebody in the head whilst on the floor and maybe unconscious.

Famed Boxing presenter Steve Bunce reckons due to MMA and believes his seen 3 video in 3 days that have been inspired by MMA,

Fucking tool. 

Bunce has always been a bit of a mong IMO. Loves to suck the tit of the Frank Warren machine.

WWould be nice if Brucie even watched a recent mainstream MMA bout eh? Headkick's on the floor aren't allowed..

Archived