RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

Thought it was interesting on Raw #99 when Jerry Lawler said all of DX will be reuniting next week. I'd love to see X-Pac and the Outlaws on the show, but I can't see the HHH ego allowing it. Easy reasoning I know, but I really think that will be the case.

The HHH/HBK duo from the Spirit Squad feud onwards were just embarassing. Yes, i know its the PG era but they sucked!

IF the Outlaws and X-Pac do appear they will probably be fed to Brock.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What would Triple H's ego have to do with it? He was the one who inquired about Kip and BG in 2006 for the original DX reunion. It was originally going to be 5 on 5 against the Spirit Squad. X-Pac even showed up on a house show. But the Outlaws were tied into TNA for another year and X-Pac got fucked up at the very same house show. Triple H and Michaels also got X-Pac up on stage at the Hall of Fame last year. If it doesn't happen I doubt it'll have anything to do with ego.

• Moderators
Brian G.James ‏@WWERoadDogg

Guys, I work for WWE, so I'm going to be at ‪#RAW1000‬ I am rarely on camera so idk what my role will be! ‪#DX‬ ‪#OUDK‬

It's a possible then.

I think it will be interesting how, and if they integrate the legends and older stars into current storylines and with current stars.

I've certainly built this RAW up in my mind to be absolutely mindblowing but there's nagging feeling I get that it's going to be a massive letdown.

If it was me on the writing team, I would have this RAW be the one where they let Brock run roughshod. Start with DX in the ring, HHH and HBK and them bring out the other members. HBK gets all mouthy about Brock not facing HHH at SummerSlam as the screen shows Brock arriving. Brock systematically takes them all out, sans HHH throughout the first two hours.

In the third hour have Taker return for a promo and he speaks about how much he respects HHH (who is on his way to the hospital with a battered DX) for their Mania battles and then have Brock run through the crowd and absolutely muller him before accepting HHH's challenge.

I figure we will see one of the secondary titles change hands.

Rock perhaps announcing he wants a title shot at WrestleMania XXIX.

The Cena-Punk clash is interesting. Figure it will get a load of time and if they're going for a clean finish I could see them aping the HBK-Cena hour-long match from London. Although I don't Cena back with the strap around his waist until the autumn and I think they might be looking at shoehorning Big Show into the early days of a Cena-Punk title feud, so it could be that Show and/or Rock have some say in the outcome of the match.

Gut instinct is that Cena becomes the first one to cash in and not win the title.

Seth Mates has some good stuff on Twitter. Talking about Rock cutting his promo and then having Jericho come out to interrupt him and giving a nod back to a few other things over the course of the night.

I also reckon Slater will be in a battle royal with all the old guys or something like that.

Having Brock decimate Michaels would add to the Summerslam match against Triple H. If there's one thing that Michaels has always been able to do is play the good guy drawing sympathy from the crowd.

Seeing Lesnar waste him and Triple H helping his broken friend to the back whilst Lesnar & Heyman laugh maniacally would sell it for me. One of those uncomfortable silences that we get from the announcers would also add to the serious feeling.

If Brock doesn't decimate Michaels at least, I riot. That's pretty much the first (and best) scenario that crossed my mind when I heard Lesnar and DX would be on the same show. Also, it's a totally fresh use of Lesnar, as HBK and Lesnar have not encountered each other previously, apart from a brief minute long backstage segment with the nWo in 2002. Lesnar should wipe his chest with HBK's blood. :devil:

Lawler did say that "all" of DX would be there, which is odd wording if he's referring only to the HBK/HHH duo. So, assuming X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws appear, I'd suggest Brock simply throw them from the ring (X-Pac can take a great bump), leaving the focus for Michaels.

• Paid Members
. Also, it's a totally fresh use of Lesnar, as HBK and Lesnar have not encountered each other previously, apart from a brief minute long backstage segment with the nWo in

For some reason, I just had a vision of HBK giving the Sweet Chin Music to Lesnar.. has this ever happened or am I going mad?

. Also, it's a totally fresh use of Lesnar, as HBK and Lesnar have not encountered each other previously, apart from a brief minute long backstage segment with the nWo in

For some reason, I just had a vision of HBK giving the Sweet Chin Music to Lesnar.. has this ever happened or am I going mad?

You're right:

Edit: Beaten to it!

What would Triple H's ego have to do with it? He was the one who inquired about Kip and BG in 2006 for the original DX reunion. It was originally going to be 5 on 5 against the Spirit Squad. X-Pac even showed up on a house show. But the Outlaws were tied into TNA for another year and X-Pac got fucked up at the very same house show. Triple H and Michaels also got X-Pac up on stage at the Hall of Fame last year. If it doesn't happen I doubt it'll have anything to do with ego.

I always thought it was a crying shame we never got a 'Ultimate DX' Survivor Series match. Michaels, HHH, X PAC, Dogg, Gunn (no Chyna though :p ) for one night only would of been awesome.

No confirmation off Stone Cold?

• Paid Members
No confirmation off Stone Cold?

Probably be a surprise. It's not as though they need to announce him to make people tune in as they've already announced Rock, Brock and DX. This means they can use him as a nice surprise somewhere. Maybe he'll be the one to finish off Slater (not in a match though, of course).

So you'd rather see a guy who had no entertaining matches at all during the brief run he had and who's gimmick concerned eating worms (that classic wrestling move) than 2 guys with 50 years experience between them and responsible for some of the best matches of all time?

Yes. As would anyone in their right mind. Flair vs Steamboat 2008 was a terrible idea. Flair vs Steamboat 2012 is four years worse. The only people who'd want to see it are the divs who shake hands with granny over their 1980s matches (or pretend to because newsletters say to, but probably haven't even watched them). And they'd be disappointed if it actually happened because the workrate extravaganza they're wanting to cream their pants over is well beyond the men involved.

Love the "old geezers......sad watching them now" line, this is from the web site that shot its load over Vader (who is only 18 months younger than Steamboat) and Sid making an appearance with calls of "give them the tag belts".

"The web site that..."? It's a forum, you twerp. People are going to say and like different things. Sid and Vader were monsters who did short squash matches. They can still do that to some extent, especially with an able-bodied opponent to bump around for them. Just like Boogeyman could still pop up from behind a settee, or put worms in Heath Slater's mouth. That's a world apart from expecting two old men to do a rerun of the Chi-Town Rumble seventy years later.

Then you wonder why casual fans are put off coming on here sometimes.

Yes, casual fans are put off coming on here sometimes because their desire to see rematches of newsletter-fellated 1980s NWA bouts in 2012 gets scoffed at and someone liked some old Raw stars battering a ginger lad. Have a word with yourself, good boy.

I'd be more excited about this if I thought Rock would be involved in something meaningful. I know last time he was all for title shots and all that shite, but something tells me this will land more in the comedy-with-midcarders spot. Will this be one night or can we expect him to appear again significantly between now and the run up to Mania?

I'm the opposite there, really. I've seen Rock interact with Cena loads. I didn't think too much of it. I've seen loads of Rock-Big Show stuff over the years as well. But Rock knocking about with Ryder, Slater, Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, Hornswoggle or anyone new would appeal to me.

Archived