RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, that design sums up today's WWE product to a tee. It's safe - it's not rough around the edges; it's smooth and easy on the eyes. No risks whatsoever. If that is to be the actual belt, then it is a perfect representation of what the company's top prize in this day-and-age should be. No longer are Hart and Michaels bleeding for three-quarters of an hour in the ultimate battle to walk out of the building as champ; nor is Naitch putting on timeless classics lasting forever in Rumbles, or are Austin and Rock trading the belt whilst seemingly the whole world is talking about wrestling.

It's a different breed nowadays; at this rate we're one belt change away from the headliners at Wrestlemania fighting over a Pokemon gym badge.

Pretty sure that won't be it.

If we were shown pre-debut pictures of the Tag, Divas & final ECW belts I'm sure we'd have said the same but look what happened. WWE seem to want cheap looking basic belts right now and as horrible as that picture was at least its still not the tag titles.

Anyone thought of the possibility the new belt is for a unified champion now the brands are unofficially merged?

• Paid Members
QNegu.jpg

That is better than the current belt, but I really don't like it! Hopefully the final version will look better when it makes TV.

It's not as bad as I thought actually. It's kept what's good about the existing belt and got rid of all the crap cheap bling stuff.

What's good about the existing belt? :confused:

• Paid Members
It's not as bad as I thought actually. It's kept what's good about the existing belt and got rid of all the crap cheap bling stuff.

What's good about the existing belt? :confused:

I quite like the WWE logo being the centre piece. Erm..I guess that's about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Kevin Nash has just tweeted that he won't be able to make the 1000th episode, as it clashes with a family vacation and that 'Family comes 1st after 20+ years'.

That suggests that he was supposed to be there. He followed that up with 'Title shot against Punk might change mind'. Haha.

Shame Nash won't be there. Bret Hart tweeted he hasn't been contacted yet but is expecting a call soon. Considering how important Bret was to Raw from 1993 to 1997 I'd imagine he would have been contacted long ago to ensure he'd be present.

• Paid Members

Maybe they'll do the big DX reunion, what with DX being advertised. X-Pac should be there (and if he's not, its a miscarriage of justice), Road Dogg will be there on the night and Billy Gunn is surely a phone call away. Stick them all in the ring together, I say. That would be a fun time for all involved. Have them destroy Brock by pushing him off the stage in a big wheelie bin. If you are going to kill Brock on the way out, at least get Kute Kip over doing so.

Archived