RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAW should start like WrestleMania 23 with Vince on the Titantron from the first RAW screaming, 'Welcome everybody to Monday Night RAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW' and then cut straight into the DX theme tune. Crowd will be pumped I'm sure.

It won't happen, but I actually really like this idea. Coupled with what somebody suggested elsewhere about the DX music hitting and the members getting introduced one by one, starting with X-Pac, then the Outlaws, then HHH, and finally Shawn Michaels not showing up because Brock Lesnar has kicked fuck out of him backstage.

I'm fully aware none of this will happen, but I think that's how I'd want the show to start.

New York Post sportswriter Phil Mushnick has once again taken aim at WWE and company chief Vince McMahon over the staggering number of wrestlers to have died before the age of 45. He quipped in his column Sunday, "A former WWF/WWE content man wonders if, in the upcoming 1,000th episode of Raw, Vince McMahon will present a roll call of WWF/WWE TV performers who didn't live past 45. Or would that take too long?"

In the past, Mushnick has branded the professional wrestling industry, particularly WWE, as a "death mill." Although the majority of the performers died after parting ways with WWE, Mushnick attributed their premature deaths to their lifestyle while under the employ of McMahon. Other media outlets have likewise provided statistics showing the high number of wrestlers who have died young from car crashes, suicide, heart failure and steroid-related health problems.

Of individuals who appeared on Raw as a wrestler, manager or referee and died before the age of 45, the list includes the following 28 names:

* Bam Bam Bigelow

* Bertha Faye

* Big Boss Man

* Brian Pillman

* "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith

* Chris Benoit

* Chris Duffy

* Crash Holly

* Crush

* Earthquake/Golga

* Eddie Guerrero

* Giant Gonzalez

* Joey Marella

* Johnny Grunge

* Kanyon

* Lance Cade

* Marianna/Miss Cleavage

* Mike Awesome

* Mr. Perfect

* Owen Hart

* Rad Radford

* Rick Rude

* Road Warrior Hawk

* Skip

* Test

* The Executioner (a/k/a Terry Gordy)

* Umaga/Jamal

* Yokozuna

Additionally, of individuals who competed on Raw and died between the ages of 46 and 50, the list includes the following names: "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, Ludvig Borga, Luna Vachon, Rocco Rock, Sensational Sherri and Steven Dunn.

A little unfair for some, such as Earthquake, Steve Williams and Marianna, who died of cancer, Chris Candido, who died of a blood clot after surgery, Owen Hart, who died in a freak accident and Joey Marella, who died in a car accident. Yes, they still all died WAY before their time, but I think it's unfair to have them in a list of people who death resulted from them killing themselves/drugs.

When the hell was Johnny Grunge on Raw?

Early 1999. http://youtu.be/bNAwW9soarY

Until they got the absolute shit kicked out of them by Faarooq and Bradshaw.

Blimey, I have no recollection of the Public Enemy being on Raw. Good to see The Acolytes beat the shit out of them though.

MAJOR news for tonight...

WWE Superstars Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks have been spamming Twitter all day, asking their fans to help them get a match on tomorrow's big Raw 1,000 episode, and re-tweeting dozens of responses from their followers.

Also a former DX member is in St Louis...taken from Wrestlezone.com

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

WZ has learned through sources that former WWE star and Degeneration X member Billy Gunn has arrived in St. Louis, the site of Raw 1,000 tomorrow night.

We cannot confirm whether or not Gunn will appear on Raw, but it seems likely that he will be involved in the DX segment set to kick off the show.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

It's utterly ridiculous.

Let's go through all the musicians who have featured on Top of the Pops and died before the age of 50 and then let's do the same for Match of the Day.

Maybe. I don't really know how many on-air talents have appeared on RAW over the last 19 years. It must be in the thousands?

• Paid Members
It's utterly ridiculous.

Let's go through all the musicians who have featured on Top of the Pops and died before the age of 50 and then let's do the same for Match of the Day.

Maybe. I don't really know how many on-air talents have appeared on RAW over the last 19 years. It must be in the thousands?

Are you talking to yourself?

:laugh:

Looks like it! What kind of tit doesn't realise he's replying to his own post, unless he's going to blame schizophrenia.

Archived