RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Flair isn't under a 90 day release clause. He isn't Kevin Thorn. WWE just don't want to touch him while they are being sued for tampering with his contract. They don't need Flair there anyway. There's a shitload of people on Raw tonight, as well as a wedding, a Money In the Bank cash in and a wedding reveal. Apart from saying "alright lads", what would you need Flair for?

Another name confirmed that wasn't in Butch's list in spoiler tags

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The Undertaker

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I haven't been as excited for a Raw since the night after Punk's MITB shenanigans.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

A full DX reunion, new logo, new theme tune, Undertaker, new GM, SID TWICE, Lesnar and Heyman, The Rock being here, Cena vs. Punk, a goddamn wedding involving Daniel Bryan and about a thousand other names and the prospect of a over-run. Bully Ray and Victoria being all cryptic and teasing a Raw appearance.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

This cannot be shit. It just cannot.

• Paid Members
Aren't Greenday and Nickelback still massively popular though? Despite having passed their 'peak'. They are also known worldwide and in the mainstream, which can't always be said for the people they get to do the music.

More known than the people they get to do the music? You mean like....Nickelback and Green Day, who provide the Raw and Smackdown themes?

Aren't Greenday and Nickelback still massively popular though? Despite having passed their 'peak'. They are also known worldwide and in the mainstream, which can't always be said for the people they get to do the music.

More known than the people they get to do the music? You mean like....Nickelback and Green Day, who provide the Raw and Smackdown themes?

I'm pretty sure he means the actual wrestler's music. Bands like Downstait, Rev Theory, Story of the Year who WWE have used quite often for themes.

Big Vis is pretty much confirmed he's around tonight too. But what gimmick will we get? Maybe the love-machine will have a part in the wedding.

So many possibilities on the cards for tonight. This and next weeks RAW is pretty crucial to the business too, it has to do well.

• Paid Members
I hope they bring these back for the night for the commentators.

RawIsWarJacket.jpg

I used to, and still do, well want one.

This is what I hate about wrestling now. Back in the mid-90s, the idea to make Raw cutting edge was to stick Vince in a denim jacket. It worked as well. Now they bring in reality show stars and get involved with twitter. Just stick Jerry Lawler in a pair of Air Max and give him a backwards baseball cap and you could have another boom period on your hands.

Is there a gimmick battle royal on the cards tonight?

Archived