RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Well, that's just the opinion of some people. Wearing your incredulity at said opinions does your own arguments no favours at all.

Having said that, I saw your statement in a smaller timescale of talking about maybe the last few months rather than the last few years. Even so, I don't think it's that much of a stretch that some people might regard the last few years as being their favourite era as maybe the style of it all just suits their tastes better.

I don't really think any of it is inflated, though, why would it be?

Not sure what era we're classing the current product as being part of, but I've been a big fan of most of the WWE's output between the very end of 2009-Extreme Rules 2012. It's gone a bit shite since around the time Big Johnny went full, un-fun heel on Raw, and after a promising run post-Mania, Smackdown went to bollocks too. But I like it, and would argue that parts of the "Cena era" (which is daft, because he's been the top guy/top guy in waiting since 04, that's a massive era) have shit on what I felt was a dreadful 02-03 period, and might even have more impact upon rewatches than large portions of the attitude era, which can sometime age horribly.

Today's WWE is not for everybody, but when has WWE (short of maybe in 2000) ever been like that? It used to piss off NWA fans, then ECW fans, then (and still now) smarks.

Samesies with NEWM, for the most part. Although I hated 04/05 more than 02/03, I think. Shitehawks like Benoit winning world titles, and an endless parade of crap new characters from the developmental system. I couldn't stand Cena in 2004 and 2005 either. JBL and Eugene were godsends in that era for me. And by 08/09, it had got pretty bad with the same main event characters wrestling each other over and over. When the Cena/Orton feud ended, and Orton started feuding with Kofi, Cena moved onto Sheamus, and Batista became tremendous baddie Batista, it was great.

• Paid Members
Brownie urging anyone to keep watching WWE should be a ban-able offence.

In fairness, I urged him to stick with the rest of Raw 1000, not every single episode. I only watched Raw 1000 becuase The Rock returned.

Archived