RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flair vs Steamboat in a legends match on the 1000th Raw

That hasn't been announced, surely. It's the sort of thing only a mongoloid would come up with or want to see.

From an arrogant prick who wants to see the Boogeyman thats a fair comment, prat.

It would be more entertaining watching Boogeyman eating worms, than two old geezers putting on a terrible match, considering anyone who would care would have already seen their classic matches from 20 odd years ago and it would be just sad watching them now.

So you'd rather see a guy who had no entertaining matches at all during the brief run he had and who's gimmick concerned eating worms (that classic wrestling move) than 2 guys with 50 years experience between them and responsible for some of the best matches of all time?

Ok the, maybe a match would suck but get them involved in an angle or managers for a night on opposite ends of the ring trading a few chops at the end. It would still be more interesting and entertaining than the Boogeyman or half of the current WWE roster.

Love the "old geezers......sad watching them now" line, this is from the web site that shot its load over Vader (who is only 18 months younger than Steamboat) and Sid making an appearance with calls of "give them the tag belts". Then you wonder why casual fans are put off coming on here sometimes.

• Paid Members

An appearance from Ric Flair would be tremendous, and nobody will be crying if Ricky Steamboat makes an appearance either, nobody is shitting on that idea. However, the idea of the two of them having a match with each other is plain retarded. There's a world of difference between resident jobber Heath Slater bumping around the ring in a nostalgia squash match and two former legends embarrassing themselves and their legacies in a match together.

For what it's worth, I would prefer to see the Boogeyman come out and maul Heath Slater.

• Paid Members
So, we've had stars from the early to mid 90's- Vader, Sid, Doink, some from the 80's- Piper, Lauper. The Attitude Era is constantly referenced and we're getting DX, Hart and probably Austin I'm guessing, a few more will probably be sprinkled in.

So, what about Raw post-2002? Most of the current roster are from 2008 onwards, so there's a fair chunk of Raw history unaccounted for. What stars from 02-08 could be shown to account for that time? I'm thinking Batista and umm, that's about it. We have Cena, Jericho, Kane and Show as representatives of that time, but Cena is more "now" and Jericho, Kane and Show are veterans from the Attitude Era. Is there no 2002-2008 alumni that could get a nostalgia pop?

Personally speaking, it's not an era I have much love for so gimme someone from the 90's anyday.

So, we've had stars from the early to mid 90's- Vader, Sid, Doink, some from the 80's- Piper, Lauper. The Attitude Era is constantly referenced and we're getting DX, Hart and probably Austin I'm guessing, a few more will probably be sprinkled in.

So, what about Raw post-2002? Most of the current roster are from 2008 onwards, so there's a fair chunk of Raw history unaccounted for. What stars from 02-08 could be shown to account for that time? I'm thinking Batista and umm, that's about it. We have Cena, Jericho, Kane and Show as representatives of that time, but Cena is more "now" and Jericho, Kane and Show are veterans from the Attitude Era. Is there no 2002-2008 alumni that could get a nostalgia pop?

Personally speaking, it's not an era I have much love for so gimme someone from the 90's anyday.

Agreed there, I'll always have love for the Attitude Era, it was when I first started watching. I just feel that such a large time period of Raw's history shouldn't be ignored. It's almost saying, "Hey, look, back in 99 we were awesome! Err, don't worry about anything after that."

Steve Blackman ‏@Steve_Blackman

Could be at the 1000th Raw. Watch this space!

This is excellent news. I thought they missed a trick by not having Blackman as an entrant in the Royal Rumble during the time Daniel Bryan and Derrick Bateman were constantly referencing him on NXT. I wanted those two to be alone in the ring teaming up, the countdown for the next entrant would finish, then Blackman to come down while Bryan and Bateman are marking out. Blackman would enter the ring and then beat them up with kendo sticks for a few minutes, only to be eliminated by a pissed off Bryan and Bateman. Sounds a bit shit on paper, but in my mind it's perfect.

Fuck it, can't remember what thread it's in, but there's a discussion about bringing back people wearing hats...

CharismaticSteveBlackman.jpg

Get it done.

Ok the, maybe a match would suck but get them involved in an angle or managers for a night on opposite ends of the ring trading a few chops at the end. It would still be more interesting and entertaining than the Boogeyman or half of the current WWE roster.

Not saying this just to be totally disagreeable, but I completely disagree with the above statement.

Flair was only on TV a few months back, Steamboat is still relatively fresh off wearing out his welcome in that Backlash match with Chris Jericho. Big Boogey's been off screens for years and holds way more appeal for me. I'm still flicking the speckles of jizz from the end of my dick from when Pete Gas turned up for the Raw XV battle royal. It's absence that makes the heart grow fonder, not armdrags.

The thousandth episode will be celebrating Raw's history. Steamboat didn't play a pivotal part in it and neither did the feud. There isn't really a need for it. I'd prefer Steve Blackman and New Age Outlaws, X Pac.

JR advertised the Rock for it in a tweet this morning, apologies if this has already been posted and Rock confirmed himself anyway, but there you go.

I'd be more excited about this if I thought Rock would be involved in something meaningful. I know last time he was all for title shots and all that shite, but something tells me this will land more in the comedy-with-midcarders spot. Will this be one night or can we expect him to appear again significantly between now and the run up to Mania?

• Paid Members
I'd be more excited about this if I thought Rock would be involved in something meaningful. I know last time he was all for title shots and all that shite, but something tells me this will land more in the comedy-with-midcarders spot. Will this be one night or can we expect him to appear again significantly between now and the run up to Mania?

Probably not. He's shooting a film right now and has three more in pre-production.

Archived