RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Forget the stars. I think we need a new set and intro. It feels like we've had the current ones for way too long.

I was thinking the same yesterday while flicking through the channels. It feels every episode is the same.

Forget the stars. I think we need a new set and intro. It feels like we've had the current ones for way too long.

I was thinking the same yesterday while flicking through the channels. It feels every episode is the same.

Someone on here laughed when I suggested that. I still predict it to change at this show.

• Paid Members
they need to bring taker back

They really should get Taker involved in the show somehow, considering he was on the very first show. Not sure how they'll want to bring him back though.

• Paid Members
they need to bring taker back

They really should get Taker involved in the show somehow, considering he was on the very first show. Not sure how they'll want to bring him back though.

Aye, throw him in there with Damian Demento. Add Koko B Ware to the card while they're at it.

A question for you wrestling historians, how much of the first Raw's card could they realistically recreate? Who's alive and who's dead, who's still wrestling?

• Paid Members

Yoko - Dead

Koko - Not Dead

Taker - Undead

Scott Steiner - Roid Head

Rick Steiner - Meat Head

Vince McMahon - Head of the Company

Damien Demento - Head Case

Razor Ramon - Charity Case

Shawn Michaels - Charitable

Rob Bartlett - Incapable

Max Moon - Laughable

Doink - Laugh a Minute

Randy Savage - Dead

Taken from the lovely http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/raw93.htm

1/11/93; New York City, NY; Manhattan Center

1/11/93 - debut episode; featured Vince McMahon, Randy Savage, & Rob Bartlett on commentary (Bartlett's debut); included Bobby Heenan attempting to get into the show unsuccessfully at the beginning of the show and later returning dressed as a woman, telling Sean Mooney he was Rob Bartlett's aunt, and later appearing dressed as Bartlett's uncle; Heenan was finally allowed in the building during the closing segment; featured McMahon conducting an in-ring interview with Razor Ramon regarding his WWF World Title shot against Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble; included footage from WWF Superstars of Kamala's falling out with Harvey Wippleman and Kimchee, with Kamala then joining Slick; featured comments from Heenan regarding Narcissist; included a promo by Tatanka regarding the Headlock on Hunger promotion; featured a Royal Rumble report in which it was announced WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels would defend against Marty Jannetty and that Genichiro Tenryu, Tito Santana, Typhoon, the Headshrinkers, and Jim Duggan would be in the Royal Rumble match; included McMahon conducting a closing interview with Doink the Clown regarding Crush's warning not to make the kids in the audience cry, with Crush eventually appearing, Doink squirting him with a water pistol, and Crush chasing him around the ring:

Yokozuna (w/ Mr. Fuji) pinned Koko B. Ware with the Bonzai Drop at 3:45 (The Best of Raw: Seasons 1 & 2)

Rick & Scott Steiner defeated the Executioners at 3:00 when Rick scored the pin following the top rope bulldog double team

WWF IC Champion Shawn Michaels pinned Max Moon with the side suplex at around the 10:30 mark after avoiding a punch; during the bout, Doink the Clown appeared at ringside

The Undertaker (w/ Paul Bearer) pinned Damien Demento with the tombstone at 2:26; during the bout, it was announced Mr. Perfect would face Papa Shango, Ric Flair would face Tito Santana, and WWF World Champion Bret Hart would appear for an interview the following week (Raw: 10th Anniversary, The Best of Raw: Seasons 1 & 2)

Well you could do the main event...

• Paid Members

Anyone else think this show would feel even better if it were held at The Manhatten Centre?

I love the idea of a new belt debuting, we are talking about replacing that horrible spinner belt right? Is this confirmed at all?

Archived