RAW 1000 Discussion thread.

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
I'm the opposite there, really. I've seen Rock interact with Cena loads. I didn't think too much of it. I've seen loads of Rock-Big Show stuff over the years as well. But Rock knocking about with Ryder, Slater, Ziggler, Punk, Bryan, Hornswoggle or anyone new would appeal to me.

Yep this for me.

The Rock cutting about backstage bumping into people is right up my street. He kind of did it a bit at his party when he told Ziggler he had more pie in one night than Ziggler had in his lifetime and then goes on to smooch Mae.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah, "Rock doing comedy with midcarders and as such shining some significant attention on them and making them look part of something bigger and more significant = meaningless" is logic I just don't buy. Interaction with the Rock is something that literally everybody in the company could do with. Seven or eight months ago, Rock having some banter with Ryder would have been perfect. I want Rock doing comedy with anyone. Have him treat Hornswoggle like a business genius for his anonymous GM run. Have him do an eyebrow-off with Ziggler. The Rock twatting about with mid-carders was one of the best things about him when he was around full-time.

• Paid Members

Anytime The Rock interacted with someone different backstage it was nice and refreshing. When they replaced Kevin Kelly with The Coach as the backstage interviewer you had The Rock changing things up with someone different. Even after he had left for Hollywood and made one of his brief returns, he'd do the same- like his skit(s) with The Hurricane. And also with Eddie when they had that cracking match on Raw, that was pretty funny too.

• Paid Members

Mingling with The Rock did Christian wonders for his singles career, ive long had the impression Rock loves being able to give a valuable rub to guys he likes, rates and that need it. He's great for that, put Brock over great too. Whenever he'd return he seemed to do it, any via satellite video he had he'd throw in a reference to someone on the roster that was way below his level and he seemed to relish getting the Eugene stuff really over. I was a bit disappointed he never had a moment like that on his latest return initially but the backlash he seemed to receive from some parts of the roster maybe, understandably, put him off the idea.

• Paid Members

Thanks for posting, I love shit like that.

Interesting to see so many states that haven't had Raw visit. Do they not like their wrestling much in the northwest? Apart for Washington, and that's probably due to Seattle.

I can't believe how many matches The Miz has had and how high up he is in there, very surprised. And Test!

Thats amazing! Thanks for that.

Have no idea about the North /Northwest and their wrestling but I think thats pretty crazy, I suppose the people to city ratio might not be too good and therefore there probably hasnt been much interest in taking the flag ship show there. Dont the Rockies run right through those States? Bit surprised they've never hit up New Mexico for Raw too. Bear in mind I dont really have much idea what im talking about here but hopefully someone might correct me and help us!

• Paid Members

I can understand most of those, if mountain folk aren't fans. I imagine those states are inhabited only by Goron.

But New Mexico is a puzzler- sandwiched between two big wrestling states.

Wow, can't believe Undertaker isn't higher on the matches scale given he's been on Raw about 3 times as long as everyone else on there (12 years before the brand extension, and sporadically on big Raw shows 02-09. I guess his character lends itself more to segments though. Test must have been super busy from 99-03!

I thought I covered that by mentioning the "12 years before the brand extension" etc. Test really only had the 4 year duration I mentioned, I'm sure he didn't appear much, if at all, during his ECW run.

Well for starters, it was only 9 years before the Brand Extension, and in those 9 years, until about 1996, it's not like you were getting a guaranteed Undertaker appearance every week or anything. So that's really 6 years. He lost half of 99 and 00 to injury, so that's five years. In those five years, as you suggest, he did more segments than matches as per his character. Test was on TV loads, but from the point of introduction, to his peak in late 99, all the way through to his first departure in...04(?), he was always in a match rather than just used for promos. So Test had basically 5 solid years as a totally Raw-based performer, and wrestled all the time. Taker had the same number of years and didn't.

Archived