WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's not a new phenomena. You can go back to WrestleMania 8 for an example of the real star going on last. It's happened for years.

WWE deserve some credit for pushing Punk and Bryan to this point. It would have been easy to stick the belts on Cena and Orton (again) and they would've got a load of stick for it too. As it is, they've got 4 pretty good looking matches at WM now and as long as they don't do anything silly, the belts will look strong, even when they go on before HIAC and Cena/Rocky.

• Paid Members

I'm not so sure about that. Punk is, generally, over with the type of crowd 'Mania attracts. I can see it turning out like Jericho v Edge a few year ago. The crowd weren't into it at first, but once they got towards the end they were popping for the near falls; it was a good match. Neither man is going to steal the show, so that's all it has to be. Punk has been excellent in these type of environments.

• Paid Members

It seems obvious (well, as nothings obvious these days, but it seems to make the most sense) that Punk will lose the belt and win it back in at the Allstate Arena in his 'ORM TOON at the following PPV. And Jericho has the form of a new champion currently. Jericho never wins, so in 2012 that means he'll win the WWE title.

Just watching Taker vs Kane from Mania 20, what a great entrance for the deadman especially Paul Bearers 'OHHH YES' before the music starts.

Its a shame that bearer was wasted during the taker vs kane then edge vs kane feud from 2010 cos he'd be a great addition to taker just at mania.

OFF Topic- why did bearer only stay for a few months after mania 20?

• Paid Members
Just watching Taker vs Kane from Mania 20, what a great entrance for the deadman especially Paul Bearers 'OHHH YES' before the music starts.

Its a shame that bearer was wasted during the taker vs kane then edge vs kane feud from 2010 cos he'd be a great addition to taker just at mania.

OFF Topic- why did bearer only stay for a few months after mania 20?

I think because after the initial pop at Mania, Bearer was largely a detriment to The Undertaker. Taker is a hardened, lone fighter who lurks in the shadows. Having an old overweight cartoon character hanging around with you kills the look somewhat.

On topic, I don't think Taker/HHH will be on that late in the card, I can see it having a position in the middle of the event, with Punk/Jericho going just before Cena/Rock who will end the show. Bryan/Sheamus to open.

Here's Mick Foley telling The Sun what he wants to do, to be involved in the Undertaker/Triple H match at Wrestlemania.

"As I guy loves wrestling history and who personally appreciates what Undertaker did for me, I'd like to be part of that. I think I could lend more as a commentator than I could as a referee."

For someone who left the company over being unhappy with the way he was being treated doing commentary, and moaning about it for about 3 years, he seems to have forgotten all about it for a Wrestlemania paycheck.

• Paid Members

I don't think they will go for the 3 big matches 1 after each other. The Crowd would burn out.

I think they should defiantly open with a world title match. With the other midway through. And HC and Rock/Cena last.

Archived