WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I know it would interest me but would anyone else be interested in some sort of collation of all the major videos and promos from this years buildup such as all the Rock and Cena videos, the Cena promo from RAW, the HHH/Taker promos etc.? It could have its own thread or just posts in this thread.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Show winning the IC title would be stupid really.

Spend all that time whining about how short his title reign is, and then go win the IC title? Would seem a bit of a step down.

Cody with a strong defence at 'Mania would be great to get his reign back on track - and by 'back on track' I just mean actually putting focus on the belt.

• Paid Members
I know it would interest me but would anyone else be interested in some sort of collation of all the major videos and promos from this years buildup such as all the Rock and Cena videos, the Cena promo from RAW, the HHH/Taker promos etc.? It could have its own thread or just posts in this thread.

I might. Was thinking of doing a thread dedicated to The Streak as it's become such a big deal and was going to include all the fantastic videos dedicated to it over the last few years. With their being so many WrestleMania threads popping up and discussion of it already going on there, didn't really think it was worth it and would likely get closed anyway though.

Would be nice to see the tag belts & IC belts defended on the show, and going off raw & smackdown last week they could be heading that way. I could see the tag title match being a dark match though.

I don't see them putting Ziggler in a dark match, and he could well be involved in the match. That being said, I wouldn't put anything past them, but they do seem to be trying to load up the card this year.

No DQ posted this on their facebook, it's fan created but I thought it had it's place in here. I think it looks pretty badass.

That is fantastic, thanks for posting. I think it would have worked better with black and white images personally, but loving it

Edit: just realised it's only Dwayne in colour

Blue isn't a colour?

• Paid Members

I might. Was thinking of doing a thread dedicated to The Streak as it's become such a big deal and was going to include all the fantastic videos dedicated to it over the last few years. With their being so many WrestleMania threads popping up and discussion of it already going on there, didn't really think it was worth it and would likely get closed anyway though.

I'd say your best option could be to post it in the stats thread and ask opcws to link to your post in his Streak section. TildeGuy, if I do a post with the buildup videos, promos etc. for this year, could you link to it in the first post and then I can keep on editing that same post to add in new promos, videos etc.?

• Paid Members

That's absolutely mental, erm, "dude" ;) (edit: @ opwcs)

This weeks WWE TV and the fact it's only five weeks to go has really ramped up my excitement levels for the show, and personally I'm loving the top 4 matches as they stand, even though I'm not convinced they will all deliver on the night. Jericho challenging Punk is the one I'm most concerned about at the moment.

• Paid Members

I don't love the top 4 matches currently. I do love the prospects of Rock/Cena and Triple H/Undertaker, building around those two matches gives the feeling and impression of the biggest WrestleMania ever!'. You couldn't find much more WrestleMania calibre matches. Whereas the other two matches are the entire opposite and couldn't feel much less WrestleMania worthy.

I'm just so disappointed that the World Heavyweight title has had a really nice story going on for months that could have come to a head nicely at WrestleMania, which to me would have felt like a worthy WrestleMania match/angle. I like my WrestleMania matches to have been built up strong and long and have some good back story. That big ginger git had to go and ruin it all by winning the Rumble.

• Paid Members

Just for shits and giggs, this is something like what my ideal WrestleMania card would have looked like taking into consideration the past few months+ of WWE TV and ignoring some of the recent things that have now shaped it differently.

Opening match - Tag Team Title Triple Threat Match:-

Primo and Epico vs Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger vs Kofi Kingston and Unknown partner ( a returning Zack Ryder) - Due to Zacks involvement with Ziggles and Swaggles, you don't get much more babyface then those two lads and for a 'Woo-Woo-Woo-Boom-Boom-Boom' spot).

Intercontinental Title Match:-

Cody Rhodes vs Road Dogg (or maybe Goldust)

(would have had Rhodes go on some sort of ridding WWE of the washed-up, past its angle following the Rumble with segments with Duggan, Foley, Goldust/Road Dogg in the lead-up)

World Heavyweight Title 4-Way Elimination Match:-

Daniel Bryan vs The Big Show vs Mark Henry vs Randy Orton (Royal Rumble Winner)

(Henry gets eliminated first, Show second for an exciting Bryan vs Orton final stretch).

HELL IN A CELL:-

Undertaker vs Triple H

Ace's Army vs Teddy Longs Playas:-

Alberto Del Rio, Miz, Christian, Chris Jericho and David Otunga vs CM Punk, Sheamus, Rey Mysterio, R-Truth and Santino Marella

WWE title Match

John Cena vs The Rock

(the title gets moved to this match due to Big Johnny shenanigans costing Punk the title or stripping him of it and Mr Excitement wants it in the most exciting match).

I definitely wish there was a triple threat or 4 way for the WHC. As you say, it's been brilliant over the last few months, and Sheamus has pretty much done fuck all other than win the Rumble.

Don't get me wrong, the fella is doing well and he's pretty over, but the ground work hasn't been laid there. It's been with Show, Henry, Orton etc.

I know it's all been done a lot before but it's something that should be finished at 'Mania.

Archived