WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's not a superman. His gimmick is that he's a top-of-the-game wrestler with a violent streak that comes out sometimes. He's a great main event wrestler, probably their most consistent last year.

EDIT: And he'll probably drag something decent out of Kane. Hell, have them brawl through the crowd a couple of times in the buildup then slap a falls count anywhere stip on it. Wrestlemania could do with a fun walkabout, and Orton has the main event gravitas to make it mean something.

I never said he wouldn't put on a decent match, but what happened in 2011?

He feuded with Christian and won that, he feuded with Cody Rhodes and despite the fact that Cody Rhodes winning would have pushed him immensly, Orton won that, he feuded with Barrett, and once again, despite Barrett needing a push, Orton won that.

The only thing missing is the phone booth costume change and Lois Lane hanging off his arm.

I never said he wouldn't put on a decent match, but what happened in 2011?

He feuded with Christian and won that, he feuded with Cody Rhodes and despite the fact that Cody Rhodes winning would have pushed him immensly, Orton won that, he feuded with Barrett, and once again, despite Barrett needing a push, Orton won that.

The only thing missing is the phone booth costume change and Lois Lane hanging off his arm.

Super Randy Orton, 'flying' down the stairs

• Paid Members

Orton is also their most consistently over main event babyface (aye, Cena gets a bigger reaction and Punk is more over when there is a smart crowd). Wherever they go fans, universally, cheer him as a big time babyface. He's obviously doing something right. It's a shame his back went on him, as a proper D Bryan/Orton feud would have been incredible.

sheamus_daniel_bryan_display_image.jpg

from a match cancelled for a dark battle royal last year to the world heavyweight title match this year. If you'd showed me this graphic a year ago

20120219_wm_preview_sheamus_bryan_c_0.jpg

I'd have told you to fuck off and stop speaking shite. Not that I'm not delighted to see it. The old guard might be headlining, but there's a real freshness to the rest of this years WM and the way it's shaping up.

Is it just me or does Sheamus look a lot more cut this year compared to 12 months ago.

Airbrushing or has he been drinking his juice?

• Moderators
Mark Henry feud?

You mean the feud that ended when Rhodes interfered in one of their matches, thus leading to a new feud with Orton not actually losing the feud cleanly to Henry.

Yeah, the one where Mark Henry clean as a sheet pinned Randy Orton to win the title in the midst of it.

DOMINATIORTON!

Archived