WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I don't think it was a case of Big Show not fitting through the door, more about headroom and freedom to move. Remember when Lesnar was in HIAC? He was able to jump up and hold on to the roof to kick Undertaker's pan in. Lesnar's a good few inches smaller than Big Show, yet he was able to reach the roof, so what the hell would happen to the Big Show when he went to set up his trademark chokeslam, where he has to raise his opponent high above his head? While I don't think Big Show's head would've been scraping off the roof, or one of his opponents would've hit the ceiling, everybody would have had to watch themselves. Have you ever been in a room with a really low ceiling? It's quite constricting. It would bemuch easier just to make a taller Cell.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it was a case of Big Show not fitting through the door, more about headroom and freedom to move. Remember when Lesnar was in HIAC? He was able to jump up and hold on to the roof to kick Undertaker's pan in. Lesnar's a good few inches smaller than Big Show, yet he was able to reach the roof, so what the hell would happen to the Big Show when he went to set up his trademark chokeslam, where he has to raise his opponent high above his head? While I don't think Big Show's head would've been scraping off the roof, or one of his opponents would've hit the ceiling, everybody would have had to watch themselves. Have you ever been in a room with a really low ceiling? It's quite constricting. It would bemuch easier just to make a taller Cell.

Wasn't Lesnar standing on the top rope when he was holding onto the roof though?

I find it hard to believe there were any issues with headroom in the original HIAC. It wasn't the wargames cage. It was probably 15ft high legit, 12ft or so off the canvas. I can't think of a single spot other than something like a vertical superplex (which no one does) where the height of the roof would come into the equation.

I definitely preferred the old cell. Being that bit lower, it did look more constricting, but that's what it should do imo. And i'm also a sucker for highspots, and there was always the chance of seeing something mental. Not necessarily Foley (or even Rikishi) type levels, but even stuff like Michaels bump in the first one, and Foleys similar one in his retirement match, which were spectacular whilst remaining pretty safe and controlled. On top of all that, it just looked a bit better, there wasn't so much 'dead space' and I think it maybe even had a bit more width across the apron.

• Paid Members
If Big Show couldn't fit through the door, they could've just lowered the cell after his entrance. Which they did anyway. So if that was the logic behind going to the expense of building a new cell (which it really fucking wasn't), they didn't even get their money's worth of seeing Big Show enter through a new big door.

Like I said, wasn't sure, just remembered hearing that somewhere.

I suspect the card will be

Rock vs Cena

CM Punk vs Jericho

Taker vs HHH

Bryan vs Sheamus

Orton vs Kane

Team SM vs Team Raw

Primo & Epico vs Kofi & R Truth

Beth vs Karma

Rhodes vs Big Show

I suspect the card will be

Rock vs Cena

CM Punk vs Jericho

Taker vs HHH

Bryan vs Sheamus

Orton vs Kane

Team SM vs Team Raw

Primo & Epico vs Kofi & R Truth

Beth vs Karma

Rhodes vs Big Show

My predictions for victories

Rock

Jericho

Taker

Bryan

Orton

Team Raw

Primo & Epico

Karma (by DQ or Count Out)

Rhodes

• Paid Members

Directed at Whoooo! : Did you realise your name says "Whooooo" like an Owl and not "WOOOOOOO" like Ric Flair? Just though i'd mention that.

Anyway, Mania is shaping up to be a right cracker. I was dreading another Taker/Trips match, but when it was mentioned to be HIAC it instantly gave the whole series new life. As for Rock/Cena, I'm very much pro Cena for this.

Jericho/Punk should be ok, although i'm not really looking forward to it to be honest. And Bryan/Sheamus is going to be a good match, although i cant see Sheamus taking it....even with the rumble win I dont think he has enough momentum at all.

• Paid Members
"Whoooo!" is what the newsletters, PWI and WCW's offical outlets wrote for Ric Flair's catchphrase. So not only is "Whoooo!" factual, he's also out smarting those who aren't in the know. He gets extra points for the spelling.

Meh, its up for debate, wwe always used the WOOOO version and to behonest logically the H just makes it the word who, but with extra OOO's. Take your pick, although i'll stick with "WOOOO".

"Whoooo!" is what the newsletters, PWI and WCW's offical outlets wrote for Ric Flair's catchphrase. So not only is "Whoooo!" factual, he's also out smarting those who aren't in the know. He gets extra points for the spelling.

Meh, its up for debate, wwe always used the WOOOO version and to behonest logically the H just makes it the word who, but with extra OOO's. Take your pick, although i'll stick with "WOOOO".

Real men say "Whooooooooo", as that was always the spelling before WWE started sticking it on t-shirts.

• Paid Members

Real men say "Whooooooooo", as that was always the spelling before WWE started sticking it on t-shirts.

Its always reminds me of: "whoooooooo are you, who who, who who....... I REALLY WANNA KNOW"

Archived