WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

You know an event's going to be strong when you're marking out for recaps on Superstars. Just watched the look at Taker/HHH from last year and I still jumped for the tombstone kick-out. This event can't fail to be spectacular.

The one thing I've been thinking about though is the fact that last year, HHH hit Undertaker with an illegal chair shot. Seeing as this is Hell In A Cell, do you think there will be blood? I'm not a blood mark but if there was ever a match where they were to relax the blading rule, one involving the two biggest veterans in the company in a match famed for bloodbaths at the wrestling equivalent of the Superbowl, this would fit the bill.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is blood only really prohibited from TV, though? As the shows are PG, yet technically the PPVs are not? Could be wrong there, but that was my understanding.

Nah, TV-PG comes up for PPV's aswell. I guess it's down to sponsors and outside companies on whether they could go 'TV-14' for one night or not. I have no real idea, I just hope it happens. Would mean so much.

I'd go with this to fill out the WrestleMania card on top of what's already announced (and we might as well consider Orton vs Kane announced):

Zack Ryder and Kelly Kelly vs The Miz and Eve

Team Teddy Long vs Team John Laurinaitis

Teddy's Team: Santino Marella and Rey Mysterio for sure, and then there's the possibility of Khali, Sin Cara, Brodus, Ted DiBiase, or R-Truth.

Johnny's Team: David Otunga, Mark Henry, Alberto Del Rio, Christian, maybe McIntyre.

TLC or Ladder Match for the Tag Team Championship

Primo and Epico vs Ziggler and Swagger vs Kofi and either Bourne or R-Truth.

And then maybe the Beth Phoenix vs Kharma match, although I wouldn't bother, personally.

Is blood only really prohibited from TV, though? As the shows are PG, yet technically the PPVs are not? Could be wrong there, but that was my understanding.

SmackDown has always (or at least the vast majority of its lifespan) been TV-PG, and there's been blood on it before. I don't think someone bleeding contravenes the TV-PG guidelines. The decision to remove blood from programming was to make wrestling seem not so much like damaging, tawdry shite where people cut their heads open with razor blades. When WWE moved Raw and pay-per-views to the TV-PG rating, the content was really more G-rated (I believe the in-house guidelines were to stick to G-rated anyway). They've always had a lot more leeway within the TV-PG rating than they've used.

The title match should go on last

Yes, it should, and it should be between John Cena and The Rock. Still, maybe next year they'll put the belt on the most important match on the show.

And that rand3ll is an absolute fucking mong.

• Paid Members

I forgot who said it, but it was on a podcast I was listening to, and it said Cena and Rock should go on first, just to say to everyone who's bitching about the Rock being back and taking the bulk of the PPV bonuses "follow that, bitch".

I think there will be blood. I thought when they came under flack for the chairshot last year, they just brushed it off saying it was unplanned and there will be fines and what have you. Triple H and The Undertaker are wiley old foxes. I'm sure they could do the Bret Hart think from WrestleMania 8, where one of them blades and comes out and says "accidents happen, its a contact form of entertainment". I think they need blood in this one. Blood could be the Hell in a Cell highspot, because its been so long since we've seen a proper crimson mask in the WWE. What was taken for granted in 2004-05, now has maximum impact in 2012. The Hell in a Cell could be cracking.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think there will be in HIAC. And it will matter so much more and actually mean something because it hasn't been done for so long, like with the chairshot to the head last year. By cutting stuff like that out, it means they have basically completely rebuilt it as a shock tactic, and I think WWE should be commended for that.

Does anyone know what the last WWE match was where there was a planned blood loss? I know there have been several accidents, but anyone know the last planned blading?

• Paid Members
Shane vs Orton, I believe, at No Way Out 2009. I think I read that somewhere recently. Not certain, though, but I think its that.

I didn't realise it was as recent as that, I thought it had been longer since the last one. Cheers, Ian.

I thought when Rock came back this time, they should have brought Rock back as "Champagne Dwayne Johnson" that has a good ring to it. He could have come back as a Hollywood superstar who came to the ring like Thunderlips in Rocky 3 and tore into everyone and everyone who is beneath him. He should have been surrounded by a bevvie of beauties fanning him down - constantly. Sort of a better version than champagne chris canyon - for those who remember him.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/227578

WWE is reportedly considering the use of a modified Hell in a Cell structure for the Undertaker/Triple H match at WrestleMania 28. The company is looking at a design that would aid in the suspension of it as it relates to the canopy and rigging that will be above the ring.

The reason for the modification is because the venue in Miami is an outside arena, making it logistically more difficult than normal.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

I bloody hope so, that massive thing they have at the moment isn't the proper Cell. Fingers crossed for one more akin to the 'classic' one.

Archived