WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Latest Observer reckons the Shaq talks began when the plan was to make Mania get as much publicity as possible, even at the expense of maximizing profit, in order to push the network launch the same day. When that went out the window, they became more wishy-washy in negotiations.

I can't believe it. My dream match is happening. It's actually going to happen. Undertaker vs. Triple H in a Hell In A Cell match... At Wrestlemania! I can't tell you how excited how I am for Wrestlemania now. I'm even willing to look over the fact that WM 27 was pretty much a set-up for this year's.

Undertaker/HHH HIAC, Rock/Cena... Hell, those two title matches are the best possible combination we could get. If they actually go with Beth/Kharma then they could have a Hornswoggle/Great Khali Ironman match on the undercard and I wouldn't give a shit. The one dream Divas match! At WM! The match writes itself! Stick on MITB, Shaq/Show and Santino winning the IC title and you have the best card since WM XX.

If there's one PPV which deserves to be bought and not streamed, it's this.

I can't believe it. My dream match is happening. It's actually going to happen. Undertaker vs. Triple H in a Hell In A Cell match... At Wrestlemania! I can't tell you how excited how I am for Wrestlemania now. I'm even willing to look over the fact that WM 27 was pretty much a set-up for this year's.

Why is that a bad thing? Surely a whole Wrestlemania to build up the next year's Wrestlemania is a good thing?

Why is that a bad thing? Surely a whole Wrestlemania to build up the next year's Wrestlemania is a good thing?

Why would it be? They have 12 months to build up WrestleMania. People are paying $50 to be entertained, not to see the buildup for the following year.

My wording is a little off there, it's wasn't a good thing for last year's Wrestlemania, but I can't see how it's a bad thing for this year's Wrestlemania.

• Paid Members

I can only imagine that those who went to the event last year might feel a little short changed now knowing it was only the set-up to this years. Asides from that there's no downside, and it's very cool for those who are going to this years like me :D

i seem to be in the minority here but i thought triple h vs. undertaker last year was a big disappointment.

they brawled around ringside for a while and then just went in the ring and hit all their finishers over and over with long breaks in between.

yeah the drama was there but it seemed like they took shortcuts to cover for taker's physical condition.

again they need the gimmick match this year to cover for taker.

i hope this is his last match and he goes out at 20-0.

• Paid Members

Can't see it tbh. The streak has been made into such a big deal and headlined enough times that there's no way his last match is going to be overshadowed by Rock/Cena.

Can't see it tbh. The streak has been made into such a big deal and headlined enough times that there's no way his last match is going to be overshadowed by Rock/Cena.

Agree. Plus there's the huge money spinning matches with Cena maybe even Lesner and Sting still to come hopefully.

• Paid Members
i seem to be in the minority here but i thought triple h vs. undertaker last year was a big disappointment.

they brawled around ringside for a while and then just went in the ring and hit all their finishers over and over with long breaks in between.

yeah the drama was there but it seemed like they took shortcuts to cover for taker's physical condition.

I don't agree with that at all, in what way did they take shortcuts? They both killed themselves out there, HHH's bump off the announce table and Taker's suicide dive to name a couple of examples. Neither are the same type of athlete as Shawn was, so their match was never going to be as fast paced as WM25/WM26, but to say that either of them took short cuts is ludicrous. I urge you to watch the match again.

• Paid Members

I've been going back-and-forth in my head for ages about whether this'll be 'Taker's last match, but yeah, if it was gonna be, I'm sure he'd go on last. I'd bet good money that this'll be Triple H's in-ring send-off, though.

I don't see what's wrong with that at all.

As for finisher after finisher, any match can be boiled down to something as simple as that if you choose to ignore the story of the match, which was fairly obvious. HHH was basically out there throwing every big gun he had at Taker, and was just doing what he could to kill off the streak right from the opening bell. Taker was trying to survive to the end, and it was fitting that the finish was an out of nowhere desperation Hell's Gate.

I watched this match again around an hour or two ago and can safely say that is nonsense. Just because the match wasn't a pure wrestling spectacle like the HBK/'Taker ones doesn't mean it wasn't excellent. The dynamic was completely different but the drama was just as evident. They also still had some huge spots as other people have pointed out. Besides, even if that WAS the case, I don't think it makes it disappointing. The match was an all out brawl and a great one at that.

That said, if you want to watch a match that is clearly built to cover for someone's condition and yet still excellent, go and watch The Rock vs. Stone Cold from WrestleMania XIX. Rocky's pageantry is great at hiding the fact that Austin couldn't take many bumps and the match certainly doesn't suffer one bit for it.

Archived