WWE Wrestlemania XXVIII Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

I've got a horrible feeling they're going to have Shaq go up against the Great Khali, and that's why he's been back recently. Just since they seem to be kicking off Big Show/Cody Rhodes.

Could always be a Tag Team match, with Show and Shaq teaming up which I think would be pretty neat

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've got a horrible feeling they're going to have Shaq go up against the Great Khali, and that's why he's been back recently. Just since they seem to be kicking off Big Show/Cody Rhodes.

Could always be a Tag Team match, with Show and Shaq teaming up which I think would be pretty neat

:sneaky:

Hopefully Ziggles is involved in something interesting , he is on fire.

• Paid Members

I want Shaq vs Nash. Have Shaq make an appearance saying he wants to get involved at WM, then have Kev come down, say he's been pushed down the card at Mania by a celebrity before and he's not going to let it happen again, then give Shaq a beatdown. Make the match, boom, easy done.

It's the perfect opportunity to let Kev do some comedy stuff as well. Have him talk about his basketball career and how great he was, bust out a few pie-charts showing how he statistically outdrew Shaq, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan put together. It's instant money!

This card looks brilliant. Cena vs Rock and Taker vs HHH in a HIAC match on the same show? Fantastic!

I just hope it delivers because it's shaping out to be the super card that Wrestlemania should be. It lacked that a bit last year but you can't complain at all at the minute.

During an interview with SportsVibe.uk, former WWE Diva Trish Stratus teased a possible match with Divas champion Beth Phoenix at WrestleMania 28. Stratus, who has been going back and forth with Phoenix on Twitter, had this to say about a possible match:

“Beth was saying that she was the most dominant champion, so I thought I would just let her know that title is already taken. As for a match between Beth and myself at WrestleMania that is an excellent proposition and I think the fans would love that. I’ve actually had the opportunity to tangle up with Beth Phoenix a couple of times and I think that she is amazing in the ring and I would love to kick her ass actually.”

If they really need to have a Divas match at Mania, I would rather this than Beth Vs Kharma

WWE.com rumor killer: No Shaq at Mania...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/s...stlemania-plans

So looks like Shaq vs. Show is off, however looks like they've already found a use for Big Show...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Having seen read both Raw and Smackdown spoilers, it looks like were going to get a Rhodes vs. Big Show IC Title Match. Although it feels a bit forced, I'm please that they are feeding Rhodes just a significant threat to his championship. Hopefully the US title belt will also get a decent match as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

WWE.com rumor killer: No Shaq at Mania...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/s...stlemania-plans

So looks like Shaq vs. Show is off, however looks like they've already found a use for Big Show...

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Having seen read both Raw and Smackdown spoilers, it looks like were going to get a Rhodes vs. Big Show IC Title Match. Although it feels a bit forced, I'm please that they are feeding Rhodes just a significant threat to his championship. Hopefully the US title belt will also get a decent match as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Could be a swerve?

I hope not though, i'm sure nobody really wants to see Shaq hogging up the Wrestlemania card

Could be a swerve?

I hope not though, i'm sure nobody really wants to see Shaw hogging up the Wrestlemania card

In a novelty match v a celebrity, definitely yes.

In a run of the mill match v him listed in the spoiler, no thanks.

I can't see that other option happening to be fair, unless it's the prelim match. As someone mentioned on here the other day, with the two biggies this year, there probably won't be much in the way of matches for lowly belts and other such mundane midcard matches.

This card is really exciting! for the first time since WM23 i'm actually buzzing for mania more than ever!!!!

Rock vs John Cena - The Draw for Mania

HHH vs The Undertaker - The Story Telling Match

Punk vs Jericho - The technical proper Wrestling Match

Bryan vs Sheamus - Good Solid Match with the probability of Sheamus becoming The Guy on Smackdown

MITB - Highlight Reel Match, in which Kofi and Ziggler will no doubt impress, Hoping for a Ziggler Win here!

Big Show vs Rhodes - IC match will be a good card filler and Big Show will get a solid performance out of Cody

Possible Laurenitis vs Long match for Complete control of both brands - Would like to see Del Rio for Laurenitis vs Randy Orton for Long ....

Diva's Match - Beth Phoneix vs Kharma/Stratus would be the only diva's match i would want to watch anything else will serve as a Piss Break ...

All in all, A card to be the best mania in the last 10 years!!! ... EXCITED MUCH?

That's a shame, I was really looking forward to that Show/Shaq match as well. I'm still buzzing about the two proper main events don't get me wrong, but I thought that would have been a nice addition. And I don't know if I've missed it or not, but is Randy Orton supposed to be ready for the show?

All we know about Randy Orton is his condition is to be ''re-evaluated'' next Monday, that was from WWE.com.

It's all very odd this Randy Orton stuff, I mean all the usual websites havent got any news on him, and WWE.com are being coy about it as well, is he legitimately fucked or not? It's just strange that none of the dirtsheets have any news on whether this is a work, or if it's not how Randy is, how long he's going to be out for etc, there's just no news anywhere. In this day and age it's odd to say the least.

• Paid Members

IF there is a MitB match and IF Ziggler's involved he HAS to win. He's the perfect type of character to hold on to the briefcase until the opportune time, not to mention he thoroughly deserves it.

Archived