The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

That looks great. My wife's best friend is a pastry chef and she taught me how to make a fancy pants mousse cake over the holidays. It tastes fucking amazing. Real pro shit. I practiced it again by myself and it came out really well. I'm delighted that I can make this now as a pear and chocolate mousse cake is my favourite cake.

20191231_201719.thumb.jpg.e99566ac7735f964605e1e4866fba378.jpg

• Paid Members
On 1/13/2020 at 3:16 PM, Kaz Hayashi said:

They both look absolutely incredible lads. I’d absolutely destroy both of them, right up my street. Out of curiosity, would would be your accompanying drink/drinks of choice with said cakes?

Raw potato and glasses of air.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I treated myself to an air-fryer in the January sales & have been experimenting. I bought it to mainly fuel my chicken wing addiction but have good results with breaded pork streaks & these spuds. Par boiled, ‘hasselbacked’ with mozzarella, red onion & garlic poked in the slices & a little cheddar sprinkled on top at the end (Peppa Pig plate not essential)

spud.thumb.jpg.2e8436c82c82610fd6a575c47fffe7b2.jpg  spud1.thumb.jpg.7a7ccac3cb09e2df9bb88dc48c21d20e.jpg

Edited by Dead Mike

• Paid Members

I’ve somehow only made bread once or twice and thought I’d make some basic stuff tonight, just to go with the left over curry from last night. It’s obviously incredibly easy to make bread, and I popped some Garam Masala and garlic powder in to the mix, pre-dough. Come out pretty well. I used garlic oil spray in the pan when frying off too. I’m going to stink tomorrow.

533C5487-5043-4896-B787-1CB8BB7820BE.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...