Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Punk delivers his elbow drop like somebody being pushed into a swimming pool. Arms and legs flailing, no form or technique.

Macho probably hurt a guy or two during his career, but it's inevitable. He must have landed that move literally thousands of times.

• Paid Members
Savage's was indeed awesome and Punk's looks like sloppy AIDS but I'm going to be a bit controversial now. I reckon Perry Saturn's top rope elbow was better looking than Macho Man's. Sorry boys.

Got to agree with this. I remember this one with great fondness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...ypMrTyRs#t=258s

I could care less about him stealing Kenta's moves, but Savage should be left well alone. If your going to steal something, someone should steal his running top rope dive guillotine. Nobody ever does that.

Miz was doing that for a while. Miz had a few good moves that he stopped doing, the bulldog into the turnbuckle was another.

• Paid Members

Best Savage move other than the elbow was the double axhandle over the guardrail. So simple and yet so effective.

Saturn's elbow is sweet but you wouldn't want to drop that every match or your hips would be shot to pieces.

Punk's elbow is akin to the Rock's sharpshooter. Everything else they do is so smooth, why have they included a move they can't really pull off in their move set?

The crowd do seem to respond to Punk's elbow though, so that's at least some justification (though not much) for doing it. If he does get rid he'd probably need another top rope mover to replace. I was always a sucker for Doug Willliam's bomb scare knee drop, although I'd imagine it would take it's toll.

Ladyfriends were some bint from NXT and some bint from Tough Enough, the one that made SCSA cry inside when she said Alicia Fox VS Melina was her favourite ever match.

Just watched that interview on wwe.com, absolutely brilliant. Can't wait for Smackdown. "SHOULD I GET HIM?"

Naomi and Ariane Andrews/Cameron Lynn.

CM Punk continues to drop the worst elbow of all time. It looks sloppy and I really wish that he would stop doing it. IMO Savage had was the greatest elbow drop in the biz so I find it fucking insulting when he does the Savage stance before hitting his lame excuse for the move. Rant over.

It's a tribute TO Savage, that's why he started doing it, hardly an insult.

Also it doesn't look bad at all.

CM Punk continues to drop the worst elbow of all time. It looks sloppy and I really wish that he would stop doing it. IMO Savage had was the greatest elbow drop in the biz so I find it fucking insulting when he does the Savage stance before hitting his lame excuse for the move. Rant over.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Moderators

Yeah, it's a shit tribute that looks terrible. His legs and arms flail everywhere like he's having an eppy.

Archived