Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the criticism of Brodus Clay? It's about 98% positive on here, which must be some sort of record.

Paging Dingo Warrior........Paging Dingo Warrior
I wonder what Dexter would make of it as well. Vito cleverly side-stepped giving the Brodus segment a grilling, which was a wise move.
I suspect a few of The Usuals hated it, but they're afraid of saying so.

• Paid Members

Good little interview with Brodus Clay about his Debut here.http://vids.wwe.com/14586/wwecom-exclusive-brodus-clay-onHe's not the greatest talker, but his charisma masks it, plus he's got time to improve.

He needs to jive talk when cutting promos. Shhhheeeeeyyyyy!Sadly, I think we're all setting ourselves up for a mighty fall, when WWE fuck up yet again.

• Paid Members
Also hated Brodus Clay's debut. The thinking behind it is kind of similiar to Jericho's return (the build up turned out to be irrelevant and the pay-off itself wasn't what was expected), but the execution was poor and so is the gimmick.

I fucking hated what they've done to Brodus. They build it up for weeks saying he's getting more and more angry about not debuting, then he comes out smiling and dancing like a massive fucking clown. Hopefully it'll turn out they gave him a lame gimmick to make him even more angry (explained by having to do it to save his job or something), then in a few weeks time he'll enter the Rumble when it's full of people and go mental and beat them all half to death.

These two have gone a bit quiet.

Also hated Brodus Clay's debut. The thinking behind it is kind of similiar to Jericho's return (the build up turned out to be irrelevant and the pay-off itself wasn't what was expected), but the execution was poor and so is the gimmick.

I fucking hated what they've done to Brodus. They build it up for weeks saying he's getting more and more angry about not debuting, then he comes out smiling and dancing like a massive fucking clown. Hopefully it'll turn out they gave him a lame gimmick to make him even more angry (explained by having to do it to save his job or something), then in a few weeks time he'll enter the Rumble when it's full of people and go mental and beat them all half to death.

I didn't like it and I've said why, and the majority did like and they've said why. I'm not going to hound everyone who disagrees with me just because I'm in the minority. If you really want more; I just find those Flash Funk/Rikishi-type gimmicks overly corny and a bit desperate, so thought it made for a crap swerve. Nor do I think it's as exciting or as funny as what Jericho and Laurinaitis are each doing, or as awful as the Kane stuff.

• Paid Members

I didn't like it and I've said why, and the majority did like and they've said why. I'm not going to hound everyone who disagrees with me just because I'm in the minority.

My bad.

I'm still not sold on the Jericho stuff at all (never send a bad actor out to cry, either) but Brodus is the best thing i've seen on TV in ages. His brutal, brutal suplex followed with a coy 'MY BAD' made me lose all my shit. Brilliant.

Good little interview with Brodus Clay about his Debut here.

http://vids.wwe.com/14586/wwecom-exclusive-brodus-clay-on

He's not the greatest talker, but his charisma masks it, plus he's got time to improve.

that was cool, thing is, if he was a monster, he doesn't really have the voice for it (see Ezekiel Jackson) and I reckon this works much better for him. In reality, he still is a monster, but he's just a monster that loves to dance and wear a tracksuit.

Who are his ladyfriends? Are they developmental Divas or just randoms?

Curt Hawkins also sold everything like a trooper. Hopefully this can get him and Reks on proper TV!

• Paid Members

The reaction to Brodus Clay in superchat was fucking brilliant. Easily my favourite moment since Menry's title win. The whole room went bananas for about two minutes. It was just so unexpected. Just as I was starting to question my own sanity for staying up to watch Raw live, they pull something incredible out of the bag and I'm reminded why it is that watching a live show can be such good fun.

Archived