Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Sort what out? Last night's was great. It was hammy and cheesy in places, but it was fun. I'd rather watch a bit corny and all over the shop but interesting than super serious and well booked but dull.

• Paid Members

Glad to see RAW getting another bad rating. I hope this continues to decline and then the USA Network will tell them to sort there act out.

Yes, I just love sitting and watching a TV programme I really like that might be in a trough thinking to myself, "I REALLY hope it's shit this week. That'll show 'em!"You herbert.

• Paid Members

Glad to see RAW getting another bad rating. I hope this continues to decline and then the USA Network will tell them to sort there act out.

USA Network wont do that at all. Bonnie Hammer from the USA Network is already involved heavily with the direction of the show, and has been for years. If the ratings go down, they dont seem to care. 2.9's a good rating for your average TV show. Its bad as far as WWE wanting to draw a PPV audience though. Its WWE who wants increased viewership to help shift PPVs and merchandise and whatever else. The USA Network arent that fussed. Spike dont care about TNAs ratings. They want to see them improve, but they arent bricking it, because 1.2 every week is a nice steady portion of the TV schedule.

• Moderators

USA Network wont do that at all. Bonnie Hammer from the USA Network is already involved heavily with the direction of the show, and has been for years. If the ratings go down, they dont seem to care. 2.9's a good rating for your average TV show. Its bad as far as WWE wanting to draw a PPV audience though. Its WWE who wants increased viewership to help shift PPVs and merchandise and whatever else. The USA Network arent that fussed. Spike dont care about TNAs ratings. They want to see them improve, but they arent bricking it, because 1.2 every week is a nice steady portion of the TV schedule.
Indeed. Bonnie Hammer fucking loves the WWE. Close with the McMahons and goes to bat for the company all the time. If Dick Ebersol was still one of the big men in charge of a department of NBC Universal WWE would be even better off.

Recently I've been watching the show up until the main event. The main events are rather uninspiring at the moment.

Same here pretty much. I go for a fag and a cup of tea while the CM Punk top of the hour match is on so I don't watch that (Not alone in that either apparently), and go to bed for the main event but the cheesy B-Movie stuff with the car tyre in the main event part of the show kept me for the last segment, which is rare these days.

"My bad!"

That will take some beating this year for my favourite bit of telly there. Stupendous.

Really not enjoying the Kane/Cena stuff though. I think they've got the right idea but the execution has been the very opposite of enjoyable for me. I blame Kane. He's been a boring old cunt for years.

Enjoyed the Jericho thing, and am still willing to let it play out. I can't stand Jericho normally, but I'd have to agree with Ian that there aren't too many others who could do something like what they're trying here. I had actually hoped he would perform the EXACT same crowd baiting routine again, only to do that every single week until finally the crowd don't cheer him to start with. It made me wonder just how long they could do that for. But the tears seemed to signal something a little different.

Just a little picky one from me here, but like everybody, I fucking love the 30 man Rumble, and I'd like them to start building that a bit. They seem to be playing clips of oldies in lieu of that at the moment. I want guys coming out saying how they're winning and going to Mania and all that shit.

Ace's hot streak continues, they're absolutely nailing it. His character, his performance of it, and his faux-clumsiness with Punk. Punk fans that think he deserves some sort of big match with Austin or (*shudder*) Jericho are way off the mark. They could easily stretch this angle to a big Mania payoff, with Ace screwing Punk out of the title between now and then, and Punk giving him a decisive babyface kicking on the big stage. I genuinely believe it would do more for Punk's star than a 30-minute circlejerk wrestling match with somebody.

• Paid Members

the cheesy B-Movie stuff with the car tyre in the main event part of the show kept me for the last segment, which is rare these days.

Same here. I like a angle to close the show. Angles make you want to watch the next week. A match with a clean babyface win always ends the show cold if its a nothing match where you know who's going to win before the show even stars. You have to leave a few questions for the following week.

Watched it earlier and I was dreading watching Brodus Clay after reading what he was doing, but damn was he good at it. I loved it, although does make you wonder if the production staff who spent hours making the original build up videos just wept.Anyway, I like CM Punk but it doesn't feel right. I just feel like there's no drama anymore. I've felt it for a while now and thought maybe Punk would change it around. I'm just sick of champions who laugh at every contender and generally turn up for shit and giggles. Kane has been good since his return and funnily enough his stuff with Ryder (as goofy as it was) was more entertaining to me than alot of stuff recently. Oh, and loving D Bryan. He is terrific in his role. You can nay say has much as you want, I will love his man for life.

I hate Mahal even more because I know it's yet another opportunity for more casual xenophobia and cultural ignorance on the part of Lawler. I'm sure if he was British he'd have called him a Paki by now.

I mentioned in chat last night that there's something a bit uncomfortable about a character called "The Great White" smashing an Asian about.
It is a bit odd and kinda racist in a weird sort of way. I mean if you were to call a black wrestler "the great darkie" it would rightfully be shot down in flames.I mean... He's pale (and red haired) presumably due to his Irish heritage, so why bring attention to it when he's already got marketable nick names to use? I mean it's highly unoriginal... Given someone a nick name due to their skin colour.

Archived