Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

It was colourful and fun and larger than life, and that's how I like my wrestling.

Me too. If it's good. Would you put Santino in that bracket? Because I find him absolutely hideous.
It was good though. And I would have put Santino in that bracket until about 18 months ago. If you don't like a hybrid between Dusty Rhodes, Ernest Miller, Flash Funk and Rikishi then you get no muffins in my house.
"Oh you didn't see that coming!" No, no I didn't, but I'm real glad I saw it arrive.Each time I watch it I love it more and more. You can tell he's loving it too, I bet this is the first time he's had a fun gimmick that isn't 'generic monster heel' and he's embracing it.
No you cant, infact, you can tell he feels really uncomfortable doing it. From the blank stares at the camera/crowd when hes forgotten what dance move hes supposed to be doing to the uncomfortable jive down to the ring. I still liked it though, you can just tell he didnt.The Jericho bit was boring, I like the idea again but it was obvious it was going to be the same as last week.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Oh you didn't see that coming!" No, no I didn't, but I'm real glad I saw it arrive.Each time I watch it I love it more and more. You can tell he's loving it too, I bet this is the first time he's had a fun gimmick that isn't 'generic monster heel' and he's embracing it.

No you cant, infact, you can tell he feels really uncomfortable doing it. From the blank stares at the camera/crowd when hes forgotten what dance move hes supposed to be doing to the uncomfortable jive down to the ring. I still liked it though, you can just tell he didnt.The Jericho bit was boring, I like the idea again but it was obvious it was going to be the same as last week.
Quite clearly he's not comfortable doing the dancing because it's just not natural to him, he still looks like he's loving it (once he remembers his next move). Especially once you got into the in ring stuff. I mean I bet half the celebrities who do Strictly Come Dancing have a great time even though they can't dance worth a lick.

Meh, maybe, I still think he looked like he was awkward doing it, not just that he wasnt good at it. Was a bit cheap nicking The Cats music too, surely not that hard to get a jazzy entrance song knocked up?

Using the Cat's music is a good move. It gets a pop from the nostalgia net crowd, and the casual crowd won't remember it. It's a reworking of it as well, rather than being a straight steal. I think it adds to the awesomeness.

• Paid Members

This role for Brodus Clay is genius, I never saw him debuting as anything other than a monster heel and when I saw him "dancing" his was to the ring, I was doubled over. Complimented this perfectly in the ring too and that irish whip in the the massive headbutt is a great move for him. Kane and Cena's storyline is awful and throwing Zack Ryder in the mix is just making it so much worse. Last nights promos and backstage bits felt like a second rate pantomime but without the cheap laughs and all the cringes, Kane popping his head out from behind a door, seriously? Real shame for Zack Ryder because he was so over when he won the US belt but this is just damaging, he should be establishing a a rivalry with a solid mid-carder like Mason Ryan who doesn't seem to be doing much?I think a Sheamus and Wade Barrett storyline could have a bit to offer, both decent on the mic and I enjoy each of their matches, why is Jindar Mahal involved? I don't see much in that guy, very bland and average in the ring.I'm loving Daniel Bryan and his slow heel turn, the OTT celebrations after every match and that promo with Big Show was great. Hope they keep the belt on him for a while and have him facing Wade Barrett or Sheamus at Wrestlemania, doubt it will happen but wishful thinking and all that.Jericho was great again this week, watched both shows live and both times I've felt annoyance and anger at him just fannying about and not talking or giving anything away and that's exactly how it's intended to be taken by the audience. Perfect return for the perfect heel in my opinion.Was the end to Punk and Swaggers match a fuck up? If not they're really damaging Punk as a champ with all these dodgy endings and lack of clean finishes. I want to see Ziggler hold the belt but maybe not as soon as it appears will happen, he needs to lose Vicki and Swagger, they're doing nothing for him and he needs to start getting some real heat with live crowds if he's to be taken seriously as a proper heel.

Wouldn't have been the right time for him to be a heel especially considering we've got Henry/Ryan (as a face)/Sheffield around.

Huh?Ryan is a babyface who they aren't even doing anything with. Sheffield hasn't even made it back to TV and Mark Henry is trying to work through an injury.There is more than enough room for a monster heel, had they chosen to go that route. Henry on SD, Brodus on RAW.

I mean I bet half the celebrities who do Strictly Come Dancing have a great time even though they can't dance worth a lick.

That's because they're in very close proximity to the girls from Strictly Come Dancing.
Well yes, that will do it. Brodus had 2 decent lasses bouncing off his booty last night though, man's a sexual funkasaurus.

Wouldn't have been the right time for him to be a heel especially considering we've got Henry/Ryan (as a face)/Sheffield around.

Huh?Ryan is a babyface who they aren't even doing anything with. Sheffield hasn't even made it back to TV and Mark Henry is trying to work through an injury.There is more than enough room for a monster heel, had they chosen to go that route. Henry on SD, Brodus on RAW.
Have a laugh. Kane is a monster heel on Raw. Brodus wouldn't have created as much interest or been as stand out if he just came in as a monster heel. I didn't care for Brodus' return until he did return as I'd seen what he was like as a heel and he looked ridiculous. He looks ridiculous now, but obviously in a fun way.Nothing wrong with having The Cat's theme. It's a brilliant theme and it's not as though many people will remember it. I didn't.

I'm guessing Jericho's been rewatching

recently.
Oddly I was just on the way to mention that! Wonder what he'll recreate next week
I did think Hogan as soon as he did it but, with it being about 10 years ago, I couldn't remember the exact details. I remember not knowing much about Hogan at the time he got the ovation and thinking he must be massive by the end of it though.

Woah!

The Four Horsemen will ride again when Arn Anderson, Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Tully Blanchard and JJ Dillon are inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame on Mar. 31st!

So Flair will be in then? Do any other Hall of Fames induct a person twice?EDIT: I started off thinking the chat room was shit but when it got into Raw, it was decent. Definitely made Raw go quicker than it normally would. Advert breaks didn't seem long at all.

Archived