Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

What a bloody fun RAW that was. The Ryder stuff was some unintentionally funny shit for sure but despite it's flaws, I still do kind of like the idea of the Cena-Kane feud and look forward to them finally squaring off in a match. The Brodus Clay debut was amazing considering everyone was expecting the usual boring squash match as opposed to one of the funniest things you will likely see all year. I get the feeling that Big Johnny is going to give him a new gimmick every week to show that he's a top class booker as well as the best GM ever, but I would love it if he remains as the Funkasaurus because firstly it's awesome, and secondly he could really get over with the gimmick.The Jericho stuff continues to roll along nicely although I do wonder how long, if at all, it will take for him to get mostly heel heat as opposed to the face reaction sprinkled with boos that he received last night. As long as we get a bit of variety to it, I would enjoy it if they carried on in a similar vein with him imitating a multitude of different debuts and comebacks. I reckon that it could be building to "Jericho MUST speak" at the Royal Rumble itself, even though it could be tricky to stretch it out quite so long it would be pretty unique and would allow them to keep him relevant without chucking him into a worthless match with little pay-off.I like the guy but Punk really isn't having much luck at all lately, he's stuck right at the top of the second hour with his mic time now completely non-existent in a feud that is getting mid-card heat at best and this week even his in-ring activity misses the mark due to that pretty horrible screw-up at the end. Of course, you can't blame Punk for that botch but it just pretty much cemented how badly things are going for him right now as regardless of ratings and all that, Punk pretty much redeems it with a good in-ring performance in his new slot, and even that was blotched this week.

What a bloody fun RAW that was. The Ryder stuff was some unintentionally funny shit for sure but despite it's flaws, I still do kind of like the idea of the Cena-Kane feud and look forward to them finally squaring off in a match. The Brodus Clay debut was amazing considering everyone was expecting the usual boring squash match as opposed to one of the funniest things you will likely see all year. I get the feeling that Big Johnny is going to give him a new gimmick every week to show that he's a top class booker as well as the best GM ever, but I would love it if he remains as the Funkasaurus because firstly it's awesome, and secondly he could really get over with the gimmick.

Even if that was the original plan, based on the popularity online (which WWE finally looks at), he'll be keeping that gimmick.

• Paid Members

Even if that was the original plan, based on the popularity online (which WWE finally looks at), he'll be keeping that gimmick.

It would be pretty cool if Ace kept on giving him new gimmicks when all he wants is to be the man from Planet Funk and he has to end up fighting tooth and nail to get his initial and best gimmick back again. It could lead to weeks of nostalgic fun and would help to really get him permanently over with audiences.

What a bloody fun RAW that was. The Ryder stuff was some unintentionally funny shit for sure but despite it's flaws, I still do kind of like the idea of the Cena-Kane feud and look forward to them finally squaring off in a match. The Brodus Clay debut was amazing considering everyone was expecting the usual boring squash match as opposed to one of the funniest things you will likely see all year. I get the feeling that Big Johnny is going to give him a new gimmick every week to show that he's a top class booker as well as the best GM ever, but I would love it if he remains as the Funkasaurus because firstly it's awesome, and secondly he could really get over with the gimmick.

I'm not sure about that. The almighty Twitter was full of people shitting on it.Which reminds me; "Benoit" was trending after the Horsemen announcement and WWE went all quite on their Twitter pushing for a while.

• Paid Members

I like the guy but Punk really isn't having much luck at all lately, he's stuck right at the top of the second hour with his mic time now completely non-existent in a feud that is getting mid-card heat at best and this week even his in-ring activity misses the mark due to that pretty horrible screw-up at the end. Of course, you can't blame Punk for that botch but it just pretty much cemented how badly things are going for him right now as regardless of ratings and all that, Punk pretty much redeems it with a good in-ring performance in his new slot, and even that was blotched this week.

The shit really has hit the fan for Punk since winning at MITB, fuck knows what creative have been doing with him but it has to be up there with some of the worst booking for a champ in recent years. A feud with Nash that turned in to nothing? The conspiracy that turned in to nothing? Two storylines (kinda the same to be fair) that had people interested and they completely dropped it? Following this he's got to work with Alberto "I have nothing interesting to say so I'll ramble about destiny for a bit then throw some intense but pointless spanish in there" Del Rio, easily the most boring "main-eventer" kicking about just now. Seriously don't get why WWE seem to be so up his arse, ditch Del Rio and give Rodriguez a push. Post Del Rio he's feuding with Johnny Ace which is actually quite entertaining but to me seems to lack direction?

That RAW was entertaining and it was fun, which is what wrestling should be. The Cena/Kane/Ryder/Eve story that ran throughout the night was cool. They should have a storyline running throughout the night more often. I definitely expected Kane to drive off with Eve at the end though.Other than that, there was another interesting development in the Jericho angle and I'm really intrigued where they're going that. There was also a good Punk/Swagger match, Ricardo's brilliant insults and then, of course, The Funkersauras himself, Brodus Clay. That was a hillarious debut after all the buildup and hopefully he can get over with the gimmick.

Lets be honest here people. THere's no way any of you are gonna badmouth the Chris Jericho angle. it could play out for months and you would still all say, give it another week, have patience, let it play out.It's the Internet Wrestling Community. There is no way any of you are gonna badmouth or criticise Chris Jericho in any way at all.

Lets be honest here people. THere's no way any of you are gonna badmouth the Chris Jericho angle. it could play out for months and you would still all say, give it another week, have patience, let it play out.It's the Internet Wrestling Community. There is no way any of you are gonna badmouth or criticise Chris Jericho in any way at all.

Oh do fuck off with your bullshit. Jericho has earned every bit of his reputation, so he can take a year if he wants (hint, he won't).

• Paid Members

It's the Internet Wrestling Community. There is no way any of you are gonna badmouth or criticise Chris Jericho in any way at all.

I think Chris Jericho is as over-rated as it gets and have for a long time. I think it's way too early to judge the angle.And don't generalise, you deep-fried mars bar eating, bagpipe playing, sheep shagging, alcoholic ned.

Archived