Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched it earlier and I was dreading watching Brodus Clay after reading what he was doing, but damn was he good at it. I loved it, although does make you wonder if the production staff who spent hours making the original build up videos just wept.

I doubt it. They were pretty much the same generic monster videos that Snitsky, Mike Knox and every other big lad who moved to Raw for a redebut got. The editor boys do that shite with their eyes closed.

wwe.com have reported that Zack Ryder is injured.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2012-01-09/zack-ryder-injury

WWE medical officials have informed WWE.com that Zack Ryder is recovering from serious injuries sustained at the hands of Kane on Raw SuperShow, and it is unlikely he will be able to defend the United States Championship against Jack Swagger next week. (WATCH)

Although, amazingly, Ryder suffered no structural damage following Kane’s chokeslam off a loading dock platform outside the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, TX., the U.S. Champion will be under close medical observation and will undergo further evaluation at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. on Monday.

Stay with WWE.com for more updates on Zack Ryder’s condition.

Storyline or some real truth to it?

Glad to see RAW getting another bad rating. I hope this continues to decline and then the USA Network will tell them to sort there act out.

To clarify my point here. RAW has been shit and all over the place for a few months now. I'm not against the WWE either as I think SmackDown is quality at the moment and the best it's been for a while now. But I find RAW pretty difficult to watch. Cena's doing the sameish shit each week, Kane looks washed up but at least its better than he was before he was took out 'injured', SD stars appearing each week therefore preventing RAW to build there own lower-card/mid-card, divas are terrible, Lawler/Cole are dreadful at what they're doing at the moment, Punk losing the ball and coming across to me as a mid-carder with his bland WWE title reign (he really hasn't recovered from that shitfest with Nash/Trips), Trips hogging the spotlight with some shit promo and only wrestling on PPV, Vince making appearances where you can't tell what his character is anymore and that's just off the top of my head. The ratings being down is of course gonna be a concern for management in the USA Network it's a business after-all. Now with the ratings being slightly down maybe they'll realize that having both SmackDown and RAW stars is achieving nothing in the long run by having them both appear on RAW. Hopefully they will decide to make the program seem more unpredictable and exciting again.

• Paid Members

I know it's yet another opportunity for more casual xenophobia and cultural ignorance on the part of Lawler....Ricardo's singing pop was magnificent, though. He's a good hand is Ricardo, more credit due there.

This reminded me about how annoying Lawler was in that segment, most notably when he said it was the worst singing he'd ever heard despite the fact he got a brilliant pop from the crowd. It just made him sound like an idiot and out of touch with what was actually going on; almost as bad as Booker making out that Hunico Sin Cara was hideous when he was unmasked

People can write as much criticism as they want, but Brodus Clay makes up for everything WWE have done wrong in the past year.

This year alone has given us the two best things in wrestling in ages. Jericho's Jacket and the Funkasaurus. Roll on next Monday

• Paid Members

almost as bad as Booker making out that Hunico Sin Cara was hideous when he was unmasked

Personally I thought that was hilarious, especially when Michael Cole replied "What are you talking about? He's just a normal guy!"

• Paid Members

almost as bad as Booker making out that Hunico Sin Cara was hideous when he was unmasked

Personally I thought that was hilarious, especially when Michael Cole replied "What are you talking about? He's just a normal guy!"
Don't get me wrong, it was brilliant but still made Booker look like the awful commentator he is; unintentionally hilarious but only on account of how awful he is

People can write as much criticism as they want, but Brodus Clay makes up for everything WWE have done wrong in the past year.

This year alone has given us the two best things in wrestling in ages. Jericho's Jacket and the Funkasaurus. Roll on next Monday
I'm hoping Brodus gets put into some main events soon, or even the dark match main events, so we can get strange people dancing with him like Rikishi used to get.

• Paid Members

Where is the criticism of Brodus Clay? It's about 98% positive on here, which must be some sort of record.

Paging Dingo Warrior........Paging Dingo Warrior
Please don't.
Don't worry, I'm not that messed up in the head. I've got him on ignore anyway but I wouldn't wish the misfortune of his arrival on anyone

Archived