Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

Ladyfriends were some bint from NXT and some bint from Tough Enough, the one that made SCSA cry inside when she said Alicia Fox VS Melina was her favourite ever match.

Just watched that interview on wwe.com, absolutely brilliant. Can't wait for Smackdown. "SHOULD I GET HIM?"

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curt Hawkins also sold everything like a trooper. Hopefully this can get him and Reks on proper TV!

Fuck off, they are awful. Tyler Reks should never be on wrestling TV, and there's no place at all for shit tag teams like that. They shouldn't even be on NXT or Superstars, nevermind the proper shows.

Curt Hawkins also sold everything like a trooper. Hopefully this can get him and Reks on proper TV!

Fuck off, they are awful. Tyler Reks should never be on wrestling TV, and there's no place at all for shit tag teams like that. They shouldn't even be on NXT or Superstars, nevermind the proper shows.

What? I really like them, think Reks has a great look, he isn't quite Vance Archer though...

As soon as Roberts announced him as Funkasaurus my head fell into my hands in despair. That all changed 20 seconds later when his music hit and he danced his way into my heart. Such a great debut! The only thing that could have made this better for me if he was accompanied to the ring by "The Doctor Of Style" Slick!

I disagree. I most certainly think there is room for them to been soundly beaten and help build up the legitimate teams.

But yes, generally the team does bore me to tears.

CM Punk continues to drop the worst elbow of all time. It looks sloppy and I really wish that he would stop doing it. IMO Savage had was the greatest elbow drop in the biz so I find it fucking insulting when he does the Savage stance before hitting his lame excuse for the move. Rant over.

Big rant.

You're right though, it's the fucking shits. Reminds me of Jerry Saggs' one. And yeah, it's made even worse by the fact he's adopted it in tribute to Savage.

• Paid Members

It's easily the worst part of his act. Though to be fair, there's not a whole lot else wrong. I'd find it more irritating if it was a finish rather than just another move but it is crap. Then again, Savage hit it way better than anyone else ever has. HBK always hit a sweet one but it never looked like it hurt. Savage's was A1.

• Paid Members
CM Punk continues to drop the worst elbow of all time. It looks sloppy and I really wish that he would stop doing it. IMO Savage had was the greatest elbow drop in the biz so I find it fucking insulting when he does the Savage stance before hitting his lame excuse for the move. Rant over.

100% agree on this. I'm not joking in the slightest when I say that I reckon I could pull off a better looking elbow drop than Punk does. It looks shite every single time he does it. The fact that he continues to use it, seemingly in tribute to Savage, just winds me right up. I can't believe he can possibly look back on any of his matches and think 'that looked pretty good!'

It's easily the worst part of his act. Though to be fair, there's not a whole lot else wrong. I'd find it more irritating if it was a finish rather than just another move but it is crap. Then again, Savage hit it way better than anyone else ever has. HBK always hit a sweet one but it never looked like it hurt. Savage's was A1.

For me the key to quality is the deliverer keeping their body totally ridgid and legs tucked out the way during the drop, no one did this better than Savage, not even HBK as you said.

Good example of this point in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7AuqCODH8

To be fair though, I do rate Curt Hawkins' heat seeking elbow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3cBggrl8y0...feature=related

• Paid Members

I hate tribute moves at the best of times to be honest. Its like something you'd see on All Star. If Randy Orton suddenly started coming out with a snake, it would be rotten. Or if Drew McIntrye wore a kilt and played the bag pipes. I wish he'd stop doing it. I could care less about him stealing Kenta's moves, but Savage should be left well alone. If your going to steal something, someone should steal his running top rope dive guillotine. Nobody ever does that.

Saturn dropped a cracking elbow. His knees were up next to his pecs when he did it. He was shaped perfectly and landed great.

• Paid Members

YES. Punks elbow is worse looking then Tommybois missus. I'm with those who are infuriated by it, every time he hits it i imagine Savage throwing a mental.

The main reason i was replying though was to mention that Pez had a sweet elbow, but Butchi and Barbar beat me to it. I seem to remember Tests being pretty nifty too.

Oh yes and that Punk has adopted it in salute to Savage, that's nice and all but...he's got the mechanics of how Savage hit his ALL wrong and not just because his legs and everything else are flinging all over the place in the process.

Funkasauras was just incredible. So, so good. SUPLEX BABY!

Archived