Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never try and powerbomb Billy Kidman, either. Every single WCW match, even cruiserweights who only had headscissors as finishers tried to powerbomb Kidman, and he'd do the same counter. Why would Lizmark try a powerbomb?

Are you suggesting it was a work?

It's not a thing of beauty like Savage by any stretch.

It isn't ugly.

It's sloppy. Jay Lethal's was sloppy too, which annoyed me a lot. They both visually land legs-bottom-shoulders-elbow. I think Savages looked like it hit elbow first even if he pulled his arm up and actually landed hips first.

Never try and powerbomb Billy Kidman, either. Every single WCW match, even cruiserweights who only had headscissors as finishers tried to powerbomb Kidman, and he'd do the same counter. Why would Lizmark try a powerbomb?

I remember WCW magazine had an article which was based around the question " Why did Mikey Whipwreck try and powerbomb Kidman?" His answer was basicallly " I don't know!"

• Paid Members
Punks been on Raw less the past few weeks so I guess people need to nitpick about something.....maybe his elbow drop is to blame about the bad ratings??

Oh come on, I'm a pretty big fan of Punk and even I can see that his landing on it is pretty much all over the place as if he's doing it from the top of the titantron or something. He plummets as much as the ratings for his main events were

• Moderators

Him, his elbow drop, bad ratings. All have CM Punk in common.

CM PUNK RATINGS WATCH: His seg flopped hugely again this week. From the Wrestling Observer:-

C.M. Punk vs. Jack Swagger gained 128,000 viewers and did a 3.00 rating in the 10 p.m. slot, which is terrible for the slot.

• Paid Members
C.M. Punk vs. Jack Swagger gained 128,000 viewers and did a 3.00 rating in the 10 p.m. slot, which is terrible for the slot.

Didn't he actually drop viewers at the top of the hour last week though? Granted, it's still bad but at least he didn't lose viewers this week

• Paid Members

Wasnt he on before the main event last week? I dont think he was at the top of the hour. The top of the hour and the over run is where an influx of viewers comes from, so you have to be doing well in those times slots. If your only gaining 128,000 viewers at the top of the hour, somethings wrong.

EDIT: I was wrong. He was at the top of the hour last week and that gained 180,000, which again was considered a bad number. He actually lost 52,000 viewers compared to last week.

In the segment-by-segment, Sheamus & Santino Marella vs. Wade Barrett & Jinder Mahal lost 238,000 viewers. Edge Hall of Fame package, Zack Ryder and Eve Torres backstage and Daniel Bryan vs. Kofi Kingston gained 100,000 viewers. The debut of Brodus Clay vs. Curt Hawkins plus Miz trying to recruit Primo & Epico lost 82,000 viewers. C.M. Punk vs. Jack Swagger gained 128,000 viewers and did a 3.00 rating in the 10 p.m. slot, which is terrible for the slot. Backstage stuff with Bellas and Miz and Ricardo Rodriguez, Cena and Ryder and the Four Horsemen vignette lost 193,000 viewers, which is actually much better than that segment usually does. The segment with R-Truth beating on Rodriguez and the Miz/R-Truth brawl, plus the second appearance of the mute Chris Jericho lost 130,000 viewers. Okay, this is something that is noteworthy. Eve Torres in the ring, Kane

• Moderators

Yeah, Ryder and the Tyre flopped massively.

Actually, does anyone reckon that Ryder's time as flavour of the month is over now? I never really saw him as a long term thing, but I was surprised to hear some scattered boos when he appeared on Raw already. I thought that wouldn't have happened for a while yet. Or is it a case that people are sick of Kane?

I'd wager it's both, probably.

Archived