Raw Is Jericho *Raw 9/1/12 - Discussion Thread*

Cobra1000

A problem with Ryder is that they never set up another feud for him after Zig to keep the ball rolling, as I said a few pages back if they had Curt Hawkins attack him as a bitter ex partner thing, the feud would have a reason and Reks would be about to add more depth etc instead of a pointless series (which it would come to) with Swagger.

As for the Punk/ratings thing if wwe give up on Punk who's gonna be a 'ratings winner'? Cena which is fair enough but he cant be the champion forever, others have struggled in the past like Orton maybe Cena (Im sure the number folk will let us know).

Zigglers got a challenge ahead of him aswell cos he's gone from midcard champ to Main event challenger almost over night, so he's trying to establish himself but Punk hasnt had a chance to get momentum either since summerslam.

I would say the messy booking over the Nash/HHH/Punk stuff has alot to blame for punks downfall (I know he deserves some of the blame aswell)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zigglers got a challenge ahead of him aswell cos he's gone from midcard champ to Main event challenger almost over night, so he's trying to establish himself but Punk hasnt had a chance to get momentum either since summerslam.

Sorry to break this to you but although he maybe challenging for the WWE championship he is not a main event challenger. Not even Punk is a main eventer at this point it time.

True I guess thats the problem really.

WWE seem to give up on people too easy these days or the past few years which is why they are where they are at the moment, I know its not the same thing but they kept going with Cena, Orton, Batista and Im sure others in the past, despite a rough start or moments.

This is a bad thing to say, but a sustained period without john cena would do the company some good. They would have to back the likes of ziggler,punk etc. and really attempt to establish them as main event men. Cena has dominated the product for far too long, time for a refresh.

Plus an influx of some more midcard characters such as the funkasaurus would be welcome, much better than watching the likes of boring mcintyre, mahal, riley...

Archived