Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Meanwhile, over on /r/SC: Cody Rhodes had it all. Cody could have been a top heel if it wasn't for Evil Vince. Cody should go to Japan and git gud.

The amount of people on there who genuinely thought he was going to be a top guy and future WWE Champion is astonishing. Cody was a great, solid mid-carder, maybe a spot in a multi-man ladder title match if needed, but nothing more. Could anyone genuinely see him headlining Wrestlemania ever?

• Paid Members

There's plenty of that daftness about, first post I saw on Facebook was this, liked by about a million people.

Expectation: WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Top Babyface, main eventing several PPVs and even WrestleManias, carrying forward his father's legacy to new heights and keeping his memory alive.

Reality: Jobber. Because fuck logic.

NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE was treated as terribly as Cody Rhodes. A phenomenal wrestler, a tremendous actor, remarkable on the microphone, rocked every single gimmick that he ever played, and had a legit organic connection with the fans. But WWE decided to give zero fucks, because they're obviously blind and out of their goddamn minds!

I declared YEARS ago that Cody Rhodes is one of the greatest assets WWE has, and it may seem as if WWE won't be affected by him getting the fuck out of this butt-awful company, but the bottomline is this...

Cody Rhodes just DISASTER KICKED the WWE!

For your father.

For your brother.

And now... for yourself.

#ThankYouCody!

Hope to you see you in NJPW soon.

There's definitely a mushy middle between casual fans and the likes of us lot that post here. Reddit is full of it - it's like the UKFF of ten years ago. The type of people Pitcos lives for.

Edited by Benno

Well they do exist, I'm not going to pretend that stupid people don't use the Internet. If you read comment sections on Facebook or YouTube for literally anything it will melt your brain slightly. It just doesn't need to be blown out of proportion like this is the only safe place on the Internet. From what I saw the Reddit thread had wasn't that bad at all. Few decent points, few idiots and a bit of sidetracked rambling. Pretty much exactly the same as here

I liked Cody, nothing utterly amazing but certainly could go in the ring, did well with what he had the Face Mask and the retro IC reign with those amazing entrance capes were a good time. Good on the mic, solid hand in the ring and able to get things over. was never going to be top top tier, but could certainly pose a threat and be in that upper mid card status if people coming up needed to beat someone of worth, or a shock victory over the upper tier guys now and again to keep things fresh..

Yeah will miss him more than the likes of Del Rio et al who I couldnt give a shit about.